Forums - PC Discussion - PC Users: Show Me Your POWAH! Summer 2020

Literally built a new PC this past month haven't take a picture of the tower yet but here are the current specs will upgrade in the coming years but at the moment it runs everything fine even at 4k, has 5TB HDD space.

Around the Network

5TB, wondered why I bothered with a piddly 1TB. Recently installed Odyssey, games of that size fill it out in a blink of an eye.

Well, I got my gaming laptop and, it's fun :)

Yesterday I treated my friend who hasn't been able to buy the new DOOM. I got it all set up on my projector and the game played nicely without a hitch. However I need more RAM for Ultra-Nightmare settings. Needless to say, we were really happy about the experience, playing these latest graphics on a projector, it was so immersive. The last Doom game I played was DOOM II on my 486, so it was a decent upgrade to say the least.

The day before I fired up Street Fighter V on my first tests on the PC and it ran smoothly once I got a 360 controller plugged in, otherwise with the keyboard it was a nightmare. I ended up playing online and had no trouble beating my opponents, so I am thinking that the matchup is by level. I don't know how to use V-triggers yet but I played it pretty much like SFIV and I was able to do okay. The graphics were nice though.

Today I will probably play a bit of League on it with some friends. I'm glad because I was afraid that I would be gaming too much and not spend time on my other hobbies, but so far I'm mostly doing social gaming (with my IRL friends) and it is very healthy and reasonable. Anyway, here is the pic - sorry for the workout smoothie, and for hookah lovers you can see the head of my narguile in the back :).

I'll take a picture of the DOOM projector setup next time we play ;)

The machine is an HP OMEN 17-cb0002ca, these are the specs from HP. I'll upgrade the SSD and RAM in the next few days, and then will get an RTX eGPU in a few years or sell/keep it and buy a new model.

Product number
7KJ87UA
Product name
OMEN by HP 17-cb0002ca
Microprocessor
Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.5 GHz base with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)
Chipset
Intel® HM370
Memory, standard
12 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)
Video graphics
  • Intel® UHD Graphics 630
  • Discrete
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti Graphics (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
Hard drive
  • 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
Optical drive
Optical drive not included
Display
43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full HD display
Wireless connectivity
802.11ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo
Network interface
Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN
Expansion slots
1 multi-format SD media card reader
External ports
1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ with Thunderbolt™ 3 (40 Gb/s signaling rate, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge); 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A; 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 microphone; 1 AC smart pin; 1 Mini DisplayPort™
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
40.5 x 29.5 x 2.7 cm
Weight
Starting at 2.97 kg
Power supply type
200 W AC power adapter
Battery type
4-cell, 70 Wh Li-ion
Webcam
HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
Audio features
B&O; dual speakers; HP Audio Boost; Omen Audio Control Support DTS:X® Ultra

I installed cheap china RGB LED strip today:

Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Is it worth waiting till black Friday for some deals?
I’ve seen bestbuy or ibuypower have some really good deals of prebuilt PCs. Unless you guys recommend something.