By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your Least Favorite Nintendo Home Console?

Least Favorite Nintendo Home Console:

NES 8 10.13%

SNES 1 1.27%

N64 12 15.19%

Gamecube 13 16.46%

Wii 9 11.39%

Wii U 31 39.24%

Switch 5 6.33%

Total:79

In my reckoning I guess what saves Wii U from last spot is that for all its terrible design flaws and generally weak (by Nintendo standards) library, if I had to list the games I'd consider worth playing, Wii U's list would still be longer than Gamecube or NES for me.

Counting through my Wii U collection and disqualifying the ones I wasn't happy with, I still came up with a total of 18 games.

For comparison's sake, doing the same with my Gamecube collection, the count stands at 6.

Now, it's true that Wii U has an advantage here as it was my primary console during its life while I didn't get a Gamecube of my own til after it was replaced, and as a result I bought more games overall for former, but still, there's just more games on Wii U I'd rather play.

It's still definitely third last though as SNES, N64, Wii, and Switch are all far superior.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 July 2020

Around the Network

Wii U.
Long and hard droughts.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Wii U.
Long and hard droughts.

Yeah those were bleak times. 

There really is a difference between living through a system's life and buying its games as they come, and either buying it later when its library is complete or owning it as a kid where your games are bought for you.

Pretty much every Nintendo system since the SNES has had droughts of major software, but the only ones I experienced firsthand were Wii/Wii U/Switch; as a kid I had no idea of the 64's droughts and by the time I got a Gamecube all its games were out.

As I understand it from those who were there, Gamecube also had some pretty grim droughts.