By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSW is here to Stay!! It’s Life Will Be Long and No Successor Will Come Before 2025!

When will NSW2 come out?

2022 Holiday 15 11.19%

2023 Spring 19 14.18%

2023 Holiday 25 18.66%

2024 Spring 38 28.36%

2024 Holiday 23 17.16%

2025 Spring 10 7.46%

2025 Holiday 3 2.24%

2026+ 1 0.75%

Total:134
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

After Nintendo bailed on the Wii two years too early, I'll be pleasantly relieved if they don't leave the Switch high and dry before 2023 much less 2025.

It already feels like its running on fumes in terms of software, with only one major new game in the last 7 months and only one more confirmed for the rest of the year.

Horrible take on software, we didn’t kno about paper Mario intill last month and it released next month. That could be the case for several games this year. Smash dlc confirmed that sakurai pre recorded the video in his own home meaning it’s harder to actually announced things due to the pandemic.

You use the “7” in a clever way to make NSW look worse than it is. AC came out 3 months ago, you could of said only one major game in the last 3 months but opt for 7 instead of 8 cuz Pokémon released. It’s a weird spin I see people use.

as for software, we already have some games coming, just cuz it’s not a “major game” which you claimed to be no more of (outside of thread).

Apr-Dec

Animal Crossing

Paper Mario 

Pokemon Snap

clubhouse games

xenoblade chronicles de 

ninjala (yes this counts)

DLC of Pokémon/SSB

*unannounced game 1

Rumors of pikmin3D/3DWD/Mario 3D collection 

You know a lineup is poor when you have to pad it with rumors, old games, low budget filler like Clubhouse, and DLC to try to make it look acceptable. And Pokemon Snap isn't even confirmed for this year.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 June 2020

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Horrible take on software, we didn’t kno about paper Mario intill last month and it released next month. That could be the case for several games this year. Smash dlc confirmed that sakurai pre recorded the video in his own home meaning it’s harder to actually announced things due to the pandemic.

You use the “7” in a clever way to make NSW look worse than it is. AC came out 3 months ago, you could of said only one major game in the last 3 months but opt for 7 instead of 8 cuz Pokémon released. It’s a weird spin I see people use.

as for software, we already have some games coming, just cuz it’s not a “major game” which you claimed to be no more of (outside of thread).

Apr-Dec

Animal Crossing

Paper Mario 

Pokemon Snap

clubhouse games

xenoblade chronicles de 

ninjala (yes this counts)

DLC of Pokémon/SSB

*unannounced game 1

Rumors of pikmin3D/3DWD/Mario 3D collection 

You know a lineup is weak when you have to pad it with rumors, old games, low budget filler like Clubhouse, and DLC to try to make it look acceptable. And Pokemon Snap isn't even confirmed for this year.

You could also say the same to you for making things look worse by saying 1 major game in 7 months and only think Paper Mario is the only game coming out in 2020. Let’s exclude the rumor games.

pokemon snap: your right it’s not confirmed 2020 game but nonetheless it’s a game on the NSW coming. OG post said running on fumes with software. We kno gen 9 / new Pokémon snap / a remake will come out for the system and 3 games will be big.

ACNH/XCDE/Clubhouse games all released in the last 3 months, latter 2 in past month. You don’t count old games and low budget filler.... these are both games that will sell 1mil+ and 3mil+ each respectively. They are games even if you think they are weak by your metric. Not every game has to be 5 or 10mil sellers.

DLC are still a thing, it’s not as big as software releases but you can’t ignore them as they are dlc for 2 of the 5 biggest games that will go on to sell 20mil+ each.

And finally I used rumor games but even if they aren’t coming. Even with paper Mario announcement and release date you still doubt Nintendo will have no games just because they aren’t announced yet.......

edit: oh yeah and your not counting ninjala for some reason, care to explain that? Cuz it’s not a retail game for $59.99? It’s going to be huge and it releases Tomorrow

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

You know a lineup is weak when you have to pad it with rumors, old games, low budget filler like Clubhouse, and DLC to try to make it look acceptable. And Pokemon Snap isn't even confirmed for this year.

You could also say the same to you for making things look worse by saying 1 major game in 7 months and only think Paper Mario is the only game coming out in 2020. Let’s exclude the rumor games.

pokemon snap: your right it’s not confirmed 2020 game but nonetheless it’s a game on the NSW coming. OG post said running on fumes with software. We kno gen 9 / new Pokémon snap / a remake will come out for the system and 3 games will be big.

ACNH/XCDE/Clubhouse games all released in the last 3 months, latter 2 in past month. You don’t count old games and low budget filler.... these are both games that will sell 1mil+ and 3mil+ each respectively. They are games even if you think they are weak by your metric. Not every game has to be 5 or 10mil sellers.

DLC are still a thing, it’s not as big as software releases but you can’t ignore them as they are dlc for 2 of the 5 biggest games that will go on to sell 20mil+ each.

And finally I used rumor games but even if they aren’t coming. Even with paper Mario announcement and release date you still doubt Nintendo will have no games just because they aren’t announced yet.......

I didn't say Nintendo didn't have unannounced games coming, in fact I really hope they do, I'm just saying that for the moment, their output in recent months has been anemic and the scheduled outlook is similarly threadbare.  Hopefully that changes soon.

Speaking of games, there are a ton of games still that can be or potentially be released for NSW in the next year-4years.

5mil+ Pokémon Snap
10mil+ Pokémon Remake (lets go or regular)
20mil+ Pokemon Gen 9
30mil+ Mario Kart 9 (unless next gen)
3mil+ Mario+Luigi RPG
10mil+ Tomodachi Life (yesss)
5mil+ Zelda SS Remake
15mil+ BotW2
3mil+ Rhytym Heaven
3mil+ Fire Emblem (New)
1mil+ Fire Emblem Echoes 2
10mil+ 3D Mario (Odyssey or New Sequel)
1mil F Zero (lol)
1mil Star Fox (lol)
2mil Pikmin 4
5mil Splatoon Spin off
1mil New IP
1mil New IP
1mil New IP
5mil Super Mario Party 2

Help me fill in more games, I know I’m missing a bunch. This is a unified console after all

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

I didn't say Nintendo didn't have unannounced games coming, in fact I really hope they do, I'm just saying that for the moment, their output in recent months has been anemic and the scheduled outlook is similarly threadbare.  Hopefully that changes soon.

Yes, 2nd half usually always stronger. But ignoring other games isn’t right. I didn’t pick up the last 2, but I kno they are games. 

and Ninjala people are underestimating it. It’ll be huge, even if it’s f2p

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Yes, 2nd half usually always stronger. But ignoring other games isn’t right. I didn’t pick up the last 2, but I kno they are games. 

Let's be honest, on what other platform would a minigame collection and a remaster of a 7th gen game be chalked up as major releases? It shows how starved Switch's recent lineup has been that these are even in the conversation.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Let's be honest, on what other platform would a minigame collection and a remaster of a 7th gen game be chalked up as major releases? It shows how starved Switch's recent lineup has been that these are even in the conversation.

Never said they were major, but they ain’t minor games either. A 7th gen game that is probably the best jrpg of that gen and one of the best in general. Could sell 2mil, that’s not low at all. There are third party games that released/are releasing soon as well. And there is Ninjara again, which imo is a major game. Not on the Splatoon level but big f2p get for the system.

Pwper Mario next month and whatever else we get in Aug-Nov which could be announced anytime in the next 2-6weeks

tbone51 said:
curl-6 said:

Never said they were major, but they ain’t minor games either. A 7th gen game that is probably the best jrpg of that gen and one of the best in general. Could sell 2mil, that’s not low at all. There are third party games that released/are releasing soon as well. And there is Ninjara again, which imo is a major game. Not on the Splatoon level but big f2p get for the system.

Pwper Mario next month and whatever else we get in Aug-Nov which could be announced anytime in the next 2-6weeks

Look, we're clearly not going to agree here but I think you're holding Nintendo to a very low standard here. We know they can do so much better than this. Yes, I know, there's a pandemic, but other companies aren't letting that stop them.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

I am sure Nintendo has big guns coming up, but with the way the Switch is selling currently, they clearly don't need to announce or release them anytime soon. Same goes for price cuts. Like why release MK9 when MK8 (2014) sells just as well. Rockstar figured that out as well with GTA V (2013).

As for OP, 2025 is 8 or 8.5 years after launch. PS3 to PS4 to PS5 was 7 years. Wii to Wii U was 6 years.

By 2025 we might even have GTA VI. I think Nintendo wants to build up on their momentum with the Switch rather than stay stable, so launching a new ambitious console before 2025 would be helpful.

curl-6 said:
tbone51 said:

Look, we're clearly not going to agree here but I think you're holding Nintendo to a very low standard here. We know they can do so much better than this. Yes, I know, there's a pandemic, but other companies aren't letting that stop them.

Did other companies drop an announcement and a release date for 2months later? Everyone is different. Nintendo announces in their own way