By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 reveal was the most watched gaming live stream in YouTube history

Tagged games:

Will this affecting sales

Yes 11 42.31%

No 9 34.62%

probably 6 23.08%

half of it 0 0%

Total:26

YouTube Statistics Manager

Around the Network

The power of Playstation brand is real and so is the hype.

More confimation we dont need E3's. Totally not surprised by this either. Proves that SONY has a major mindshare amongst gamers. It is why I dont believe that MS having a more console will have any impact(on top of Power never securing victory any console maker to this point)

I'd be curious to know how it did on Twitch. Youtube isn't as popular of a gaming live stream platform so Sony would have more competition on Twitch.

Torillian said:
I'd be curious to know how it did on Twitch. Youtube isn't as popular of a gaming live stream platform so Sony would have more competition on Twitch.

It's popular for everything, I always watch stream on Youtube instead on Twitch . Google server are far more stable. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
Torillian said:

It's popular for everything, I always watch stream on Youtube instead on Twitch . Google server are far more stable. 

May be right, just looked up the most concurrent viewers on a twitch livestream and it seems to be 667,000 and I think there were a million people watching the youtube stream if I believe the talk in the thread here. 'course there's something to be said about having more options of what to watch on Twitch, but I'd bet anything a lot of the streamers were reacting to the PS5 conference when it went live so it's difficult to say how one could determine overall popularity of an announcement on that platform. 

That's crazy. Good for Sony.

Did you read through her tweets? It's probably a fake account lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case anyways. There were already hundreds of thousands of people just waiting in the channels long before the event began. I started on youtube then switched to twitch because the quality was better. There were definitely much more people watching on Youtube. This tells me Sony has the more casual gamers interested as well. Not surprising due to the amount of PS4 owners out there. As long as Sony doesn't mess up on price, they should do really well with the PS5.

Makes sense. It's playstation and it was the first true next gen showcase.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nice! Sony is on fire

Answering the poll: Yeah... no?? Sales would be the same regardless the record or not. After following some years box office performance I came to conclusion that internet buzz don't really translate into active consumers