By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 reveal was the most watched gaming live stream in YouTube history

Tagged games:

Will this affecting sales

Yes 11 42.31%

No 9 34.62%

probably 6 23.08%

half of it 0 0%

Total:26

The internet has spoken the World loved the reveal. Get over it.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
I remember that was 10M views on the English stream, was this the record? Or the sum?

I think what she talked about is during the life  stream view count,  about 2 million view. Not the after life stream 

It wont boost sales as much as your avatar, thats for sure.

Torillian said:

May be right, just looked up the most concurrent viewers on a twitch livestream and it seems to be 667,000 and I think there were a million people watching the youtube stream if I believe the talk in the thread here. 'course there's something to be said about having more options of what to watch on Twitch, but I'd bet anything a lot of the streamers were reacting to the PS5 conference when it went live so it's difficult to say how one could determine overall popularity of an announcement on that platform. 

when I looked in the middle of the event the english youtube stream had 2m concurrent viewers and the other languages combined had another million

HollyGamer said:

It's popular for everything, I always watch stream on Youtube instead on Twitch . Google server are far more stable. 

I think that's dependend on the region and your isp - for me Youtube works better aswell though.

Only one Event won't affect that much, but the following Events will build Hype over Hype and this will affect sales for sure.
There will be a healthy and rich word of mouth ;) The best showing before Launch has yet to come. We just got a first Glimpse of PS5.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

That is very good to hear for certain! I believe it can affect sales but not in a big way. Either way, the PlayStation Brand is just as powerful as it has been.

Only major way this level of good faith can be ruined is with a bad price point. That is the next step in terms of carrying on the good will that the PS4 built. It will be interesting to see what Microsoft does given their up next.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay