By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: PS5 is going to cost 599$ and it will be ok.

How much will the PS5 cost ?

More than 599$ 2 2.78%

599$ 17 23.61%

499$ 49 68.06%

399$ 2 2.78%

Less than 399$ 2 2.78%

Total:72

If it ends up at that price point, that's gonna be a preeeety spicy meatball in Canada. Almost certainly over $800 with taxes in my province. Also if true, my condolences to Australia and Brazil.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Perhaps $599 for disc version, $549 for digital version.
That thing is huge, extra material to manufacture, extra packaging, bigger box requires more volume to ship and store.

But maybe the reason for the all digital version is to get a $499 system out, next to $549 with disc. Perhaps even $599 with disc and game bundled to recoup the losses on the all digital version.

$399 digital
$499 disc

Loved the presentation and gave it a 10, can't wait to play many of the games shown. That being said 599 will give me pause, and I will decide as we get closer to the release. 500 feels like the price it should be. If Gamestop's are open and giving $200+ to trade in the ps4 pro for the 5 it will weigh into that decision.

PS5 - $599.99
PS5 Disc Free - $549.99

XBox Series X - $599.99
XBox Series Lockhart - $399.99

Is what I expect.

Around the Network

DOA if 600

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

shikamaru317 said:

I'm honestly thinking that PS5 costs more to build than XSX at this point. We have an expensive custom SSD, a pretty high tech controller, a case that doesn't look cheap to produce and will likely require a pretty expensive cooling system. XSX by comparison has a more expensive AMD APU, but a cheaper controller that doesn't even have an internal battery, let alone haptics, trigger motors, a touchpad, a microphone, and a speaker. XSX case design seems much cheaper to build, and it can be cooled by a single fan, I suspect Sony will need multiple fans to cool PS5 unless they want it to be loud and hot again like PS4 Pro. I'm not sure about $600, but I wouldn't be surprised if disc drive PS4 is $550, discless at $500.

Series X comes with a controller that doesn't have an internal battery? Can you explain this further? Does it have a rechargable external battery or something? 

COKTOE said:

If it ends up at that price point, that's gonna be a preeeety spicy meatball in Canada. Almost certainly over $800 with taxes in my province. Also if true, my condolences to Australia and Brazil.

Good points actually. Tbh I wasn't thinking much about Countries outside EU and US... Yes, that price tag would be bold, at least. 

Still... I wouldn't rule it out. 

Playstation almost lost a generation by doing the 599 thing.
They absolutely dominated the last one, starting at 349-399.
There is no way in hell that base price for PS5 will be above 499, absolutely no way.

I hope not, you have to factor in the cost in other countries as well. Like 600$ for a console will make it like 750$ In Canada... literally would TANK i don't think that many people are ready to spend that much money on a console, especially rn when a lot of jobs have been cut or some just don't have full salary.

I think 499$ max 550$ is the max they will go.