By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 indie titles look amazing!

Vodacixi said:
Bristow9091 said:
Kena is just... so fucking gorgeous.

It's insane. I know we have said the same about some games over the last couple of years... but this time the affirmation reaches new levels of truth: it legit looks like playable CGI movie. This and Ratchet and Clank look incredible.

Oh absolutely, with Ratchet and Clank this gen I was pretty much convinced I was playing a Pixar film (Ironic considering it was the game of the film of the game... as advertised, lol) because it looks and runs amazing, but with the new Ratchet game and now Kena... yeeeaaah, we're finally there, you could make a film using those in game character models and environments and nobody would know any different, absolutely fucking gorgeous, you have no idea how hyped I am for both these games!

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Vodacixi said:

I know some of them (if not all of them) will eventually come to other platforms or will directly come to PC too. I'm just saying "PS5 indies" because they were shown at its presentation.

Ok. And I'm also just letting people know they're available on other systems, since I saw there's a lot of interest at least in that title, and you didn't feel the need to mention it. I also brought up Solar Ash, since that seemed like one of the better looking games which you also left out.

...Good for you, I guess... ? Also Solar Ash was already announced in 2019, so I didn't feel the need to put it in the same list as the others.

Vodacixi said:
Shaunodon said:

Ok. And I'm also just letting people know they're available on other systems, since I saw there's a lot of interest at least in that title, and you didn't feel the need to mention it. I also brought up Solar Ash, since that seemed like one of the better looking games which you also left out.

...Good for you, I guess... ? Also Solar Ash was already announced in 2019, so I didn't feel the need to put it in the same list as the others.

http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/ "Oddworld: Soulstorm's intro sequence (first shown at EGX, 2017)"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside "Apr 10, 2015 - Little Devil Inside is a truly engaging 3D action adventure RPG game where you are thrown into a surreal but somewhat familiar setting with .."

Shaunodon said:
Vodacixi said:

http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/ "Oddworld: Soulstorm's intro sequence (first shown at EGX, 2017)"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside "Apr 10, 2015 - Little Devil Inside is a truly engaging 3D action adventure RPG game where you are thrown into a surreal but somewhat familiar setting with .."

I didn't know about that. Still, I don't care about... whathever it is you are trying to do here. I'm not about where you can play this games. I just want to give them more attention, because I think they were overshadowed by the big guns. You saw another game on the presentation I didn't mention? Great, put it here. I didn't put every game because not every game caught my attention like the ones on the OP. 

What I don't understand is what is going on about that attitude of yours. It looks like you are trying to reproach me some things that were never the intentions of this thread. Like I if did something wrong. 

Last edited by Vodacixi - on 12 June 2020

They dont look indie anymore.
They look like decent budget, proper games.

These arnt small 2D quickly made projects that cost peanuts to make.
I think their more "A or AA" sized games.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Well, to me "indies" don't have to be small or low budget. Just... Independent? 

Although I agree that there ones right here are really something about your average indie game... 

Vodacixi said:
JRPGfan said:

Although I agree that there ones right here are really something about your average indie game... 

Maybe thats just me, I think Indie = cheap 2D spirit sidescroller type games.
Usually horribly hard platformers, so your in a cycle of repreating tries to get through levels.
That way they dont have to make as many levels.

Vodacixi said:
Shaunodon said:

I didn't know about that. Still, I don't care about... whathever it is you are trying to do here. I'm not about where you can play this games. I just want to give them more attention, because I think they were overshadowed by the big guns. You saw another game on the presentation I didn't mention? Great, put it here. I didn't put every game because not every game caught my attention like the ones on the OP. 

What I don't understand is what is going on about that attitude of yours. It looks like you are trying to reproach me some things that were never the intentions of this thread. Like I did something wrong. 

Maybe because you keep contradicting yourself?

"I just want to give them more attention..." Would letting people know they're on other platforms not help give them more attention? The way you've titled this thread can already lead to an easy misunderstanding, and then you compound it by putting this thread in Sony discussion, rather than a general gaming discussion. Is that helping them get more attention?

"I didn't put every game because not every game caught my attention like the ones on the OP." Yeah, that's not what you said the first time. Also, if it's about giving them more attention, why not at least add games others found interesting? Are you saying no one else found Solar Ash interesting?

"You saw another game on the presentation I didn't mention? Great, put it here." Yeah, that's what I did, and you chose to make some asinine comment about it already being announced.

JRPGfan said:
Vodacixi said:

Maybe thats just me, I think Indie = cheap 2D spirit sidescroller type games.
Usually horribly hard platformers, so your in a cycle of repreating tries to get through levels.
That way they dont have to make as many levels.

It is true that there are many indie games that match that definition. However, not all of them are like that. You have games like Pillars of Eternity, No Man's Sky, The Witness, Divinity: Original Sin, Superhot, The Stantley Parable, Little Nightmares, INSIDE or What Remains of Edith Finch to name a few.  

Even if we are talking about 2D Sprite sidescroller, you have some of the best in that category in the indie landscape like Shovel Knight, Cuphead, Hollow Knight, Katana Zero...

Kena really blew me away. Not just because of the environmental fidelity (which I didn't expect after seeing the main character model), but the character animations, facial expressions, eye movement and lighting effects combined looked almost like a Disney movie.

And this is the part that really sold me on the world.

So it's gorgeous and has a lot of personality.
It's the game I'm the most interested in out of all the games shown actually.

Pikmin?

I was curious which studio is making this game, and they're actually the ones who made this Majora's Mask video a few years back.

I'm also interested in Stray and Little Devil Inside.