By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 indie titles look amazing!

While games like Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart and Demon's Souls have gathered all the atention from the PS5 Reveal Event (and rightfully so), the presentation also showed a bunch of  indie titles that in my opinion looked absolutely phenomenal. Sadly, they were mostly overshadowed by the big guns and there are people that even go as far as to say that there were too many of this kind of games on the presentation.

I'm a firm believer that games are games no matter who makes them, how big they are or how much money was put into them. That's why I think these titles deserve a thread for their own:

Stray - Annapurna Interactive/BluetTwelve

Oddworld Soulstorm - Oddworld Inhabitants

Kenna: Bridge of Spirits - EmberLab

JETT: The Far Shore - Superbrothers

Little Devil Inside - Neostream

Around the Network

For me I like Little Devil Inside

Kena is on PS4 and PC just fyi. I know there's a lot of interest in that game particularly. Same thing with Solar Ash, which looked pretty neat too.

Shaunodon said:
Kena is on PS4 and PC just fyi. I know there's a lot of interest in that game particularly. Same thing with Solar Ash, which looked pretty neat too.

I know some of them (if not all of them) will eventually come to other platforms or will directly come to PC too. I'm just saying "PS5 indies" because they were shown at its presentation.

Ryotsu said:
For me I like Little Devil Inside

Yeah, that's probably my favourite too. Although to be honest, I like em all xD

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Kena is just... so fucking gorgeous.

It's insane. I know we have said the same about some games over the last couple of years... but this time the affirmation reaches new levels of truth: it legit looks like playable CGI movie. This and Ratchet and Clank look incredible.

Vodacixi said:
Shaunodon said:

I know some of them (if not all of them) will eventually come to other platforms or will directly come to PC too. I'm just saying "PS5 indies" because they were shown at its presentation.

Ok. And I'm also just letting people know they're available on other systems, since I saw there's a lot of interest at least in that title, and you didn't feel the need to mention it. I also brought up Solar Ash, since that seemed like one of the better looking games which you also left out.

All 5 games will come to PC and eventually also to XSX (I‘m just mentioning this here as the XSX will be my only next-gen console).

Little Devil Inside and Kena look great, I will get them. Stray and Jett look interesting, but they didn‘t show gameplay yet for those two, so we‘ll see. Oddworld looks great as well, but I‘m not really interested in that series.

Last edited by okr - on 12 June 2020

Shaunodon said:
Vodacixi said:

Ok. And I'm also just letting people know they're available on other systems, since I saw there's a lot of interest at least in that title, and you didn't feel the need to mention it. I also brought up Solar Ash, since that seemed like one of the better looking games which you also left out.

...Good for you, I guess... ? Also Solar Ash was already announced in 2019, so I didn't feel the need to put it in the same list as the others.

Vodacixi said:
Shaunodon said:

...Good for you, I guess... ? Also Solar Ash was already announced in 2019, so I didn't feel the need to put it in the same list as the others.

http://www.oddworld.com/soulstorm/ "Oddworld: Soulstorm's intro sequence (first shown at EGX, 2017)"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside "Apr 10, 2015 - Little Devil Inside is a truly engaging 3D action adventure RPG game where you are thrown into a surreal but somewhat familiar setting with .."