By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5: 1st Party Cross Gen games.

How many games are there?

PS4 wasn't mentioned at all outside of GTA but I imagine a good number of these titles will also hit the platform. I find its quite easy to guess from the visuals. 

Spiderman; With only 2 years in development, built for the same engine and a launch title, I really expect this to land on the PS4. 

Grand Turismo 7; Game obviously looked good but  it looked very current gen. You can see the low poly count on the drivers hands and on elements of the car interior, as well as the low res shadows. 

SackBoy Adventure; Doesn't really need explaination. The textures certainly look build for current gen, infact I'm sure we've seen better fur and embroidery.

---------------------------------------------------

So my assumption is that the actual PS5 exclusives from Sony are

Returnal
Demon Souls Remake
AstroPlayground (because of the controller)
RatchetandClank
Horizon 2
Destruction All Stars (Maybe)

Hopefully we see a few of these next gen exclusives at launch outside of Astro Playground which is confirmed as preloaded.

Around the Network

None

this youtube screenshot of some crabs.... is clearly playable on the PS4 as well.

Also Demon's Souls is a game from 2009, so its probably Cross Gen too, right?

also Astro bot hinting at BC for PS1,PS2,PS3 games:

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 12 June 2020

JRPGfan said:

this youtube screenshot of some crabs.... is clearly playable on the PS4 as well.

Every game you listed I put in the next gen PS5 category, but if you think they will land on PS4... Okay :) 

Otter said:
JRPGfan said:

Every game you listed I put in the next gen PS5 category, but if you think they will land on PS4... Okay :) 

Okay honestly.....

Oddworld - SoulStorm, Goodbye Volkano High, JETT : The Far shore, Solar Ash, Little Devil Inside, Bugsnax,.... are all supposedly comeing to PS4 as well.

1st party wise? I dont think they showed any game that will be.

Around the Network

Besides from Spiderman which is an expansion, none of Sony first part games had a release date. If that is the case I highly doubt we will see any of them until 2022. Not a real big incentive to purchase the console until then.

JRPGfan said:

Astrobot is apparently pre-installed on the ps5 as some sort of tech demo for the dualsense controller. 

Machiavellian said:
Besides from Spiderman which is an expansion, none of Sony first part games had a release date. If that is the case I highly doubt we will see any of them until 2022. Not a real big incentive to purchase the console until then.

I thought a few had 2021 release dates

Machiavellian said:

That was seemingly just sony being weird or wanting to spread out announcements. Since the live stream

- Kena has been confirmed as a launch title, also launching for PS4 and epic store.

- Astro's playroom comes pre-installed on every PS5 

None of the first party games will be cross gen.