By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Bonzinga said:
Kowan said:

Alyx is at 93.

Since when does Meta scores matter when it comes to GOTY?

They were talking about the highest-rated game and exclusive this year?

Around the Network

Oh man!! the salt and damage done reflected in so many comments!!

Kowan said:
Bonzinga said:

Since when does Meta scores matter when it comes to GOTY?

No they weren't, Blood_Tears mention something about Neil holding the GOTY award at the VGA while someone else mentioned Half Life Alyx might challenge it. Than you said it sits on a 93.. Now I replied, what does metascores got to do with winning GOTY?

Why are many gamers so bothered with this game?!

Its a video game released to whoever wants to buy it and play it. If its not ur cup of tea then move on and let it be for crying out loud!! No need to be so angry and bitter about a body of work made only to the ones choosing and willing to experience it!

No one is forcing it on you! So grow the hell up and learn to mind urself with actually important issues that can actually affect you.

Last edited by Dahum - on 13 June 2020

Bonzinga said:
Kowan said:

No they weren't, Blood_Tears mention something about Neil holding the GOTY award at the VGA while someone else mentioned Half Life Alyx might challenge it. Than you said it sits on a 93.. Now I replied, what does metascores got to do with winning GOTY?

"Absolutely incredible scores! Also, TLoU2 now over takes Persona 5 Royal as the highest rated game and exclusive this year!

Those scores represent a nice FU to all the haters who came into any TLoU article with Sony is woke crap and posting leaks on purpose because they are salty. It will get even better for them when they see Neil Druckmann on stage with Geoff Keighley at the VGA’s to collect the Game of the Year award! "

"Half Life Alyx might block Neil's path."

Around the Network

98, and game of year

Kowan said:
Bonzinga said:

"Absolutely incredible scores! Also, TLoU2 now over takes Persona 5 Royal as the highest rated game and exclusive this year!

Those scores represent a nice FU to all the haters who came into any TLoU article with Sony is woke crap and posting leaks on purpose because they are salty. It will get even better for them when they see Neil Druckmann on stage with Geoff Keighley at the VGA’s to collect the Game of the Year award! "

"Half Life Alyx might block Neil's path."

So ill ask again what has metascores got to do with GOTY?

The reply with Half Life Alyx in it was because it is a game that will contend GOTY (if they dont sub catagory it)

Half Life will definitely win best VR game and it should be in the game of the year conversation. However, to be honest the panel of judges usually don't show a lot of love to PC exclusives let alone VR ones. Disco Elysium did well last year but not well enough to beat Sekiro.
Geoff doesn't show a lot of love to PC games and usually shows the most love to console games. The panel of judges for VGA's are people like Greg Miller and the like. I really can't see Half Life taking game of the year. Cyberpunk is really the only top contender left for this.

Blood_Tears said:
Half Life will definitely win best VR game and it should be in the game of the year conversation. However, to be honest the panel of judges usually don't show a lot of love to PC exclusives let alone VR ones. Disco Elysium did well last year but not well enough to beat Sekiro.
Geoff doesn't show a lot of love to PC games and usually shows the most love to console games. The panel of judges for VGA's are people like Greg Miller and the like. I really can't see Half Life taking game of the year. Cyberpunk is really the only top contender left for this.

Yeah really hope it doesn't disappoint. Its one of the games I've been waiting since it was revealed. Think it was teased back in 2013, haha.

Blood_Tears said:

I wont deny that TLOU2 will be a definite contender for the GOTY, i was just alittle confused as to why a game sitting on a 93 isnt a chance. I mean TLOU won GOTY over GTA5 which outscored it which is my point.

Greg Miller is also bias towards Play Station so it wouldnt suprise me of his decisions either. Half Life Alyx will most likely get sub-catagoried which wouldnt be justifiable for such a talented game, it also shows we shouldnt take GOTY awards to seriously.

Cyberpunk will definity be in the talks, also we have Halo Infinite which is looking promising aswell.