By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

I`m pretty sure it won`t challenge TLOU2 score or sales, but well it is still something great coming few months before console gen ends, hope it can sell enough before it loses the spotlight and not end up with GT6 sales being reducted because of new gen.

I think it just has to be accepted by all that naughty dog has reached a level atop the rest. The only other devs in its ranks are rockstar and CDPR. 

I don't like R* and after 40h of TW3 I couldn't make myself like the game.

Also loved Uncharted but TLOU not liked as much.

To tell the truth I prefer SM and GoW over TLOU.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I immediately regret spending all my money in the Days for Play Ps store deals. Shouldve waited for this.

I expected something in the upper 80s - low 90s, this is a nice surprise. ND outdone themselves apparently

hinch said:

I highly doubt it will take many GOTY awards. The last Halo game that got critically high scores and praise all round was Halo Reach (2010), and that was with Bungie at the helm (91 meta on 360). Halo 4 and 5 didn't reach 90.

The God of War series wasn't up for GOTY for many years and its past releases especially Ascensions didn't cut it, however look what happen with God of War 2018, it just proves it can be done and Halo is a well known franchise that is familiar to success, when done right it can be up there with the very best of them. Obviously more has to be seen however the hype behind the new release is building a lot of tension. Will wait and see.  

DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:

Half Life Alyx might block Neil's path.

A VR Only game and 3 points lower than TLOU2? I don`t think it will win over.

That's the problem with GOTY awards, some games get left out due to popularity and Half Life Alyx being a VR only game, only hinders its chances as it wont be a popular choice at the awards. Its why GOTY awards shouldn't be taken too seriously. Well I don't take them seriously.

Ehh I have no faith in 343, whatsoever in making a game I would consider to be the same caliber of 1-3 or even Reach. They do make good games but yeah just gonna leave it there.

Bonzinga said:
hinch said:

I highly doubt it will take many GOTY awards. The last Halo game that got critically high scores and praise all round was Halo Reach (2010), and that was with Bungie at the helm (91 meta on 360). Halo 4 and 5 didn't reach 90.

The God of War series wasn't up for GOTY for many years and its past releases especially Ascensions didn't cut it, however look what happen with God of War 2018, it just proves it can be done and Halo is a well known franchise that is familiar to success, when done right it can be up there with the very best of them. Obviously more has to be seen however the hype behind the new release is building a lot of tension. Will wait and see.  

DonFerrari said:

A VR Only game and 3 points lower than TLOU2? I don`t think it will win over.

That's the problem with GOTY awards, some games get left out due to popularity and Half Life Alyx being a VR only game, only hinders its chances as it wont be a popular choice at the awards. Its why GOTY awards shouldn't be taken too seriously. Well I don't take them seriously.

You also probably don't take scores to seriously right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

Funny thing seeing the 3 reviewers that gave 70. Their summary and score are very dissociating. Basically the sequel is better than the original in everything but they didn`t like the story as much and some of the chars so let`s deduct 25 points.

DonFerrari said:
Funny thing seeing the 3 reviewers that gave 70. Their summary and score are very dissociating. Basically the sequel is better than the original in everything but they didn`t like the story as much and some of the chars so let`s deduct 25 points.

They are proud to have lowered the score from 98 to 96.  They feel powerful, you know ;D    Who does care mate.

This is some of the best time to be a Playstation gamer..  

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

DonFerrari said:

TLoU, both of them, are story driven games. the story is the main metric for judging this game. I'm just saying here, I haven't played 2 yet, story might be stellar.

hinch said:

Ehh I have no faith in 343, whatsoever in making a game I would consider to be the same caliber of 1-3 or even Reach. They do make good games but yeah just gonna leave it there.

Well that's in your own preference of thinking. No one can tell you otherwise.

DonFerrari said:

You also probably don't take scores to seriously right?

Erm.. that depends, scores should really only be taken as guidelines. I am loving Command & Conquer Remastered, I don't care if its sitting on a 99 or 49 Metascore. I believe the only true score to a game is the one you can grant yourself with your own experience with the game. 

DonFerrari said:
eva01beserk said:

I think it just has to be accepted by all that naughty dog has reached a level atop the rest. The only other devs in its ranks are rockstar and CDPR. 

I don't like R* and after 40h of TW3 I couldn't make myself like the game.

Also loved Uncharted but TLOU not liked as much.

To tell the truth I prefer SM and GoW over TLOU.

I agree on not liking R*, also love god of war better than anything else. I loved the first TLOU, Im still waiting on this one. Loved TW3. 

But thats the thing, look at our preferences. everyone has varied taste, but we have to admit that certain games have an appeal that has broader reach. Even if we hate R* their games are loved by many. Its like COD, many people play that game sure, but how many love it? or how many would play it if its not a type of game they would like to beging with? Thats the kind of thing that speaks quality. For me to hate a certaing type of game, but then a game comes along that even I have an interest in playing, even months after I get it on the bargain bing. Cuz let me tell you that I would not play a COD or Fifa even if it was free. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.