By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
The game received a 75 and finally dropped to 93.
Forget 94, I was right in the end! xD

Now to all the true winners of the predictions, including me, the proper kudos too.
@BraLoD @drbunnig @Mummelmann @Eric2048 @coolharry @irvingeleniak

Also as a side not, the predictions average have also turned out to being right now.

The real takeaway for me was that the game had an average MC score of 96% (i.e. higher than the original) when it was at the same number of critic reviews the original game got (98). That the MC score has dropped to 93% is owed to the fact that the game has now been reviewed by 120 critics instead of 98 like the original game.



Around the Network
Jaicee said:
BraLoD said:
The game received a 75 and finally dropped to 93.
Forget 94, I was right in the end! xD

Now to all the true winners of the predictions, including me, the proper kudos too.
@BraLoD @drbunnig @Mummelmann @Eric2048 @coolharry @irvingeleniak

Also as a side not, the predictions average have also turned out to being right now.

The real takeaway for me was that the game had an average MC score of 96% (i.e. higher than the original) when it was at the same number of critic reviews the original game got (98). That the MC score has dropped to 93% is owed to the fact that the game has now been reviewed by 120 critics instead of 98 like the original game.

Games always receive harsher scores latter one when they are this high.

TLoU2 hate campaign certainly influenced some critics too that felt it should be better to take some points from it.

Well as I said I was fully expecting it, when people were expecting it to move to 97 here I told it was way easier for it to drop to 94 than to go up. And it finished were I expected.

It was clear it would not please everybody as it was a daring game, and I'm glad for it, their courage was paid off IMO, we got an one of a kind game because of it.



The game got another score, a 93.
I love when the game is scored the exactly aggregate average later on its cycle, I mean, exactly 9.3 right after it moved to it? XD



BraLoD said:
The game got another score, a 93.
I love when the game is scored the exactly aggregate average later on its cycle, I mean, exactly 9.3 right after it moved to it? XD

Good to know is still receiving excellent scores.

And 93/100 seems to be the final score of this game.

Really nice one. 



KratosLives said:
DonFerrari said:

I didn't need to do it, I think I have played TLOU like 1 year ago or something like that. And when playing TLOU2 I had no doubt it was superior in every single way and that the only point of contention was what story one would preffer, and even if simpler and less extense I prefer the story and game of TLOU1. But also prefer any UC to TLOU.

I can't work out how the first has a better story. At what point does the story feel better than the sequel? I found the game was limited in terms of actual great performances that drove the game somewhere. It was pretty basic with only a few genuine moments between ellie and joel, or should i say ellie, since she pretty much started or drove the conversations. The ending was far from satisfying. Ellie and joel put on more convincing acting and peformances in the sequel, felt like an actual hollywood movie in terms of production and direction. Abby's performances also rivalled that of joel in the first. 

I had played the first one this year.

I might replay it many times in the future. A true classic.

---

To those who say the second one is superior in every single thing, one has to remember that part 2 is a PS4 game and the first was a PS3 game. Given the technology the first one was the best game ever made. We need to compare both with some context.

Remove the technology you get the story. If story stinks, you shoot the game.

BraLoD said:
Jaicee said:

The real takeaway for me was that the game had an average MC score of 96% (i.e. higher than the original) when it was at the same number of critic reviews the original game got (98). That the MC score has dropped to 93% is owed to the fact that the game has now been reviewed by 120 critics instead of 98 like the original game.

Games always receive harsher scores latter one when they are this high.

TLoU2 hate campaign certainly influenced some critics too that felt it should be better to take some points from it.

Well as I said I was fully expecting it, when people were expecting it to move to 97 here I told it was way easier for it to drop to 94 than to go up. And it finished were I expected.

It was clear it would not please everybody as it was a daring game, and I'm glad for it, their courage was paid off IMO, we got an one of a kind game because of it.

Hate didn't influenced my dislike of the game, so I give the benefit of the doubt to both the reviewers who gave 100 and the ones who gave 70. I think it's fair.



God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
BraLoD said:
The game got another score, a 93.
I love when the game is scored the exactly aggregate average later on its cycle, I mean, exactly 9.3 right after it moved to it? XD

Good to know is still receiving excellent scores.

And 93/100 seems to be the final score of this game.

Really nice one. 

Perhaps they looked to MC to decide the score =p

0D0 said:
KratosLives said:

I can't work out how the first has a better story. At what point does the story feel better than the sequel? I found the game was limited in terms of actual great performances that drove the game somewhere. It was pretty basic with only a few genuine moments between ellie and joel, or should i say ellie, since she pretty much started or drove the conversations. The ending was far from satisfying. Ellie and joel put on more convincing acting and peformances in the sequel, felt like an actual hollywood movie in terms of production and direction. Abby's performances also rivalled that of joel in the first. 

I had played the first one this year.

I might replay it many times in the future. A true classic.

---

To those who say the second one is superior in every single thing, one has to remember that part 2 is a PS4 game and the first was a PS3 game. Given the technology the first one was the best game ever made. We need to compare both with some context.

Remove the technology you get the story. If story stinks, you shoot the game.

BraLoD said:

Games always receive harsher scores latter one when they are this high.

TLoU2 hate campaign certainly influenced some critics too that felt it should be better to take some points from it.

Well as I said I was fully expecting it, when people were expecting it to move to 97 here I told it was way easier for it to drop to 94 than to go up. And it finished were I expected.

It was clear it would not please everybody as it was a daring game, and I'm glad for it, their courage was paid off IMO, we got an one of a kind game because of it.

Hate didn't influenced my dislike of the game, so I give the benefit of the doubt to both the reviewers who gave 100 and the ones who gave 70. I think it's fair.

So many in VGC hopes that technology would still be the same of gen 5 =p



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The game received another review score of 9/10 today.

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 14 September 2020

This game will receive reviews until its successor or port comes then that will get reviews.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
This game will receive reviews until its successor or port comes then that will get reviews.

Do you know if MC has a time period to review a game?

I mean, if I was part of it and wanter to review LoD for example, would my score still be counted nowdays?



BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:
This game will receive reviews until its successor or port comes then that will get reviews.

Do you know if MC has a time period to review a game?

I mean, if I was part of it and wanter to review LoD for example, would my score still be counted nowdays?

I have no idea, but I believe if you convinced a pub that is released on MC to accept your post-mortem review it could enter their scores =p



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."