By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Black/Dark-Skinned Nintendo Characters?

The raven boss (Raphael the Raven) in Yoshis Island. You fight him on the moon. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 06 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

The ones that I can think of immediately all come from the Punch Out!! series:  Doc Louis, Mr. Sandman, Mike Tyson,....

Also, I always thought of Urbosa as being from someplace like India.  Maybe that's just me.

Urbosa is not black. Urbosa is Gerudo and Gerudo are inspired the middle eastern cultures.
Vandham is not black either.

Twintelle is not only Nintendo's best black character but one of the absolute best black characters ever created.

Anthony Higgs - Metroid Other M

well since...bayonetta is mostly nintendo nowadays... rodin :P

Around the Network

Doc Louis
Kirby Sometimes
Yoshi Sometimes
Mega Charizard X
John Henry (Codename S.T.E.A.M)
Michael Edwards (Eternal Darkness)
Mr. Game and Watch

Oh, also Mr. Sandman:

CaptainExplosion said:
Xxain said:
Urbosa is not black. Urbosa is Gerudo and Gerudo are inspired the middle eastern cultures.
Vandham is not black either.

Twintelle is not only Nintendo's best black character but one of the absolute best black characters ever created.

I still count Urbosa and Vandham, because they're supposed to be like black people.

And to everyone who said characters who are black but not as in African descent, take this seriously or get out.

You do known that when ask about "black characters" that everybody will assume people of African descent (especially in the west). I don't think you understand what your asking. If you meant Dark skinned then fine, but you didnt ask that.

Urbosa is not suppose to be a black person. The Gerudo are the equivalent to middle eastern people in the Zelda world. I would like to ask you - Is Jasmine from Aladdin black?

Vandham is not black man, Dark skinned fine. 

Not sure what mean when you say they are suppose to be black people....?.......... but I'm sure it does not make them black....whatever it is.

Last edited by Xxain - on 06 June 2020

Why limit it to Nintendo tho? 
Several Pokemon characters like Nessa and Kiawe are the first that come to mind, but the most memorable is Olivia for me. I guess ill throw in Mike Tyson as well, since i have a soft spot for Punch Out. I cant think of many more that stand out or that I'd consider "the best". 

CaptainExplosion said:

I still count Urbosa and Vandham, because they're supposed to be like black people.

Whats that supposed to mean?

Hiku said:

I can't remember any designed by Nintendo from games I've played.
But while I haven't played ARMS, I'm really liking Twintelle's design.

Incredible design. Nintendo has very few black characters, but when it was time to make another one they blew it out the water ....... I love her.