Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Persona 5 the best jprg of the last 20 years ?

I enjoyed it quite a bit and it made my top 50 games of all time, but I have ~7 JRPGs ahead of it from the past 20 years.

Around the Network

I'm fine with putting it in the top 5 but I'm not sure it necessarily takes the top spot.

Its the number 1 weebgame

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Well since Tales of Symphonia (2004) is my favorite game of all-time, I can't quite give it that top spot no. But it's probably my second favorite JRPG ever, so it's damn close.

JapaneseGamesLover said:

T
Persona 5 has a more smart system than all of them combined.

That sentance is poorly structured and vague. It's not much of an argument.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'm a man who doesn't play very many JRPGs and I'd agree with that.
Unless 'Bowser's Inside Story' counts as a JRPG, but I don't feel like it does.

Considering that I have played dozens of JRPGs in the past 20 years and never had even a shred of interest in Persona, I'd give that a no.

Excluding FF and DQ which are far above any other JRPG there have been quite a few notable ones. Lufia, Xenoblade Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, Baten Kaitos, Grandia 2, Valkyria Chronicles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It’s the best JRPG of all time. I’m in the endgame of Royal now and nothing comes close to it. The characters, music, world, and gameplay are unmatched in JRPG terms. Can’t wait for what’s next

Xenoblade chronicles is the best in the last 20 years. It’s a top 3 jrpg, it’s up there with CHRONO trigger and suikoden 2.

seems like your soul isn't dark enough.