By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Persona 5 the best jprg of the last 20 years ?

Its the number 1 weebgame

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Well since Tales of Symphonia (2004) is my favorite game of all-time, I can't quite give it that top spot no. But it's probably my second favorite JRPG ever, so it's damn close.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

JapaneseGamesLover said:

T
Persona 5 has a more smart system than all of them combined.

That sentance is poorly structured and vague. It's not much of an argument.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'm a man who doesn't play very many JRPGs and I'd agree with that.
Unless 'Bowser's Inside Story' counts as a JRPG, but I don't feel like it does.

Considering that I have played dozens of JRPGs in the past 20 years and never had even a shred of interest in Persona, I'd give that a no.

Excluding FF and DQ which are far above any other JRPG there have been quite a few notable ones. Lufia, Xenoblade Chronicles, Resonance of Fate, Baten Kaitos, Grandia 2, Valkyria Chronicles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

It’s the best JRPG of all time. I’m in the endgame of Royal now and nothing comes close to it. The characters, music, world, and gameplay are unmatched in JRPG terms. Can’t wait for what’s next

Xenoblade chronicles is the best in the last 20 years. It’s a top 3 jrpg, it’s up there with CHRONO trigger and suikoden 2.

seems like your soul isn't dark enough.

I think 70% of us here agree.

Persona 5 Royal is #1 for me! Was able to platinum it in a single play attempt. It was streamlined, being able to hold R2 during momentos as well as playing the palaces with all those encounters is what makes it the best version to play. It doesn't have any slow going sections that seem to drag on too long. Just run at the enemy and as long as your level is high enough, you'll auto kill them (capture if you have a empty persona slot) and you'll also receive experience points. The story is fantastic and the music is the best music I have ever heard. Oh my God the music is amazing! I loved this game so much, I bought this game Three times.