By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Persona 5 the best jprg of the last 20 years ?

LoD is over 20 years old, but even so, no.
Technically it's Demon's Souls, but I know JRPGs mean turn-based to most people, so that would be Persona 3.
Persona 5 is pretty close to it, tho.

Edit: just realized Digimon World 3 is not 20 years old, so yeah, Digimon World 3 is the best then.

Around the Network

The past 20 years includes FFX, FFXII, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest XI, Valkyria Chronicles, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Ni no Kuni. So no.

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 04 June 2020

I dont know if I'd say its "the best jprg of the last 20 years", but it'd definitely make my Top 5 best Persona games.

Nope. It's great, but not the best

Persona 5, Persona 4, Xenoblade Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, Radiant Historia, Dragon Quest VIII and XI, Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver, Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, Tales of Symphonia. None of this options is a wrong answer for the question you are asking.

Around the Network

I'd have to go back to it. I lost interest as I was starting the second palace and now it's been too long and I feel like I'd have to start over. I really liked the combat but the high school/life simulator stuff takes too much place and isn't very interesting.

Signature goes here!

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorites, beat it 5+ time so that is number 1 in the last 20 years. Persona 5 is either my 2nd or 3rd favorite of the past 20 years, Tales of Vesperia is close. Even though Persona 5 is in the top 3 for me, it is my 3rd favorite Persona game after 3 and 4.  Ni No Kuni is up there as well.

Persona games , i bought 2 and never finished them , these games are too long , its a cicle of the same shit Over and Over until i get tired and stop it. I Will never understand the super high score it gets.

yes persona 5 is the best jrpg

Not even close. It's not even the best Persona game.