Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking Unreal Engine 4 game

Days Gone

It looks absolutely stunning. It is hard to believe that it is actually running on UE4, because it looks like nothing else produced with that engine.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
I don't have a list of video games by engine. Are there people that actually keep track of this stuff, or are you all just looking it up when you decide to comment on this thread?

As someone interested in tech stuff I know dozens off the top of my head, but there's a list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

hinch said:
curl-6 said:

^ Dammit, you beat me to it.

Hellblade is my choice as well. It's absolutely stunning in its detail and artistry, both a technical and aesthetic masterpiece.

Yeah the character models are insane. And the camera effects are top notch. Haven't played the game yet but it definitely stands out and looks stunning from the screenshots and videos I've seen. Definitely one of the best looking games available.

I highly recommend it, it's an amazing game. Not sure what platforms you own but luckily it's available on pretty much everything; PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

^ Yeah.. I was thinking of picking it up on PC since it probably runs best on there, plus it supports ultra-wide (21:9) so even better! :D

In terms of runners up, a real looker that hasn't been mentioned yet is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Sure it might not be very flashy, but I love the ethereal, dream-like not-quite-realism of its visuals.

hinch said:
^ Yeah.. I was thinking of picking it up on PC since it probably runs best on there, plus it supports ultra-wide (21:9) so even better! :D

Yeah if you've got a mid range or better PC that's place to play it for the best visual experience.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 June 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Angelus said:

Holy hell. PC or Scorpio? 

Cant wait to play it with that XSX upgrade 

Around the Network

It is probably safer to just ask @CGI-Quality

Also it is a little early for the topic. We can talk about the best so far, but we will probably still see some games made on UE5 in like 5 to 10 years, didn't MK XI launched with UE3 like just a while back...

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 05 June 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

^ Yes. MK11 is on UE3.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
Days gone is probably graphically better than SW.
Areaz32 said:
Days Gone. Hands down. Nothing even comes close.
KBG29 said:
Days Gone. It looks absolutely stunning. It is hard to believe that it is actually running on UE4, because it looks like nothing else produced with that engine.

Care to post some good pics? I really don't remember being impressed by any of the footage I saw for it.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Holy hell. PC or Scorpio? 

Cant wait to play it with that XSX upgrade 

Yes, I'm looking forward to revisiting it on Series X as well. Hopefully with some story DLC to boot. 

I played it on the One X.

So... no Final Fantasy VII Remake? I know it has some rough elements visually, but overall I would say the game looks phenomenal