By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking Unreal Engine 4 game

In terms of runners up, a real looker that hasn't been mentioned yet is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Sure it might not be very flashy, but I love the ethereal, dream-like not-quite-realism of its visuals.

hinch said:
^ Yeah.. I was thinking of picking it up on PC since it probably runs best on there, plus it supports ultra-wide (21:9) so even better! :D

Yeah if you've got a mid range or better PC that's place to play it for the best visual experience.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 June 2020

Around the Network
Angelus said:

Holy hell. PC or Scorpio? 

Cant wait to play it with that XSX upgrade 

It is probably safer to just ask @CGI-Quality

Also it is a little early for the topic. We can talk about the best so far, but we will probably still see some games made on UE5 in like 5 to 10 years, didn't MK XI launched with UE3 like just a while back...

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 05 June 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

^ Yes. MK11 is on UE3.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
Days gone is probably graphically better than SW.
Areaz32 said:
Days Gone. Hands down. Nothing even comes close.
KBG29 said:
Days Gone. It looks absolutely stunning. It is hard to believe that it is actually running on UE4, because it looks like nothing else produced with that engine.

Care to post some good pics? I really don't remember being impressed by any of the footage I saw for it.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Holy hell. PC or Scorpio? 

Cant wait to play it with that XSX upgrade 

Yes, I'm looking forward to revisiting it on Series X as well. Hopefully with some story DLC to boot. 

I played it on the One X.

So... no Final Fantasy VII Remake? I know it has some rough elements visually, but overall I would say the game looks phenomenal

DonFerrari said:

Also it is a little early for the topic. We can talk about the best so far, but we will probably still see some games made on UE5 in like 5 to 10 years, didn't MK XI launched with UE3 like just a while back...

Yeah but I wanted a broader range of opinions. ;) Not that I wouldn't love to hear CGI's of course haha.

And I'm sure we'll be getting UE4 games for years to come yet, including on PS5/XSX, I this is just a "as of now/so far" thread.

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah but I wanted a broader range of opinions. ;) Not that I wouldn't love to hear CGI's of course haha.

And I'm sure we'll be getting UE4 games for years to come yet, including on PS5/XSX, I this is just a "as of now/so far" thread.

I have been loving FF VIIR so far and would be the best looking 3rd party game on PS4 for me, sure when you ignore the shortcomings in some areas (no idea why they left some very rough textures in some places).

Perhaps you could limit the platform to PS4Pro/XSX. Because on PC there is games looking better than FFVIIR, but when it releases on PC it may surpass those.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:

I have been loving FF VIIR so far and would be the best looking 3rd party game on PS4 for me, sure when you ignore the shortcomings in some areas (no idea why they left some very rough textures in some places).

Perhaps you could limit the platform to PS4Pro/XSX. Because on PC there is games looking better than FFVIIR, but when it releases on PC it may surpass those.

I didn't want to restrict the thread too much. People are welcome to pick from consoles or PC.