By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best looking Unreal Engine 4 game

All these posts and no mention of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Last edited by hinch - on 04 June 2020

Around the Network

^ Dammit, you beat me to it.

Hellblade is my choice as well. It's absolutely stunning in its detail and artistry, both a technical and aesthetic masterpiece.

curl-6 said:

Hellblade is my choice as well. It's absolutely stunning in its detail and artistry, both a technical and aesthetic masterpiece.

Yeah the character models are insane. And the camera effects are top notch. Haven't played the game yet but it definitely stands out and looks stunning from the screenshots and videos I've seen. Definitely one of the best looking games available.

Gears 5 and Hellblade.

mZuzek said:
Leynos said:

Unlike everything else people will list going for realism. This will not age. This is the best UE4 has to offer so far.

I might be wrong on this, but I really feel like we're quite a bit beyond the point where realistic games will look dated in the future. That doesn't make your pick invalid as it's a matter of taste, and Guilty Gear does ooze style.

Every generation someone says this and every gen they are wrong. Realism ages like milk. Strive will age as well as Wind Waker and Okami have. Persona 5 will age great. The Order 1886 is starting to show it's cracks already. A lot of games this gen will. Much like bloom aged poorly. Chromatic Aberration is this gens blooms and it looks bad,TBH I detest it almost as I did bloom. RT is making cube maps look outdated on this gens games. I remember someone on a forum long ago before the 7th gen started and XNA was announced (2003 or 2004 I forget which) there was an article what it meant for Xbox 2 that games can never look better than the faces in Silent Hill 3. Hair is difficult to render so a lot of devs in the 7th gen didn't. So many short-haired women and men. Not that many games didn't have it but a lot of the time it was just easier not to.  This gen it got better but a lot of it still looks like a mesh. I did see that demo for hair tech a year or two back. It looked improved but not fully there.

Face demos are the best and worst thing. They had one showing off the Dreamcast. PS2. PS3. PS4. Each time they looked amazing at the time. Now the PS3 Doc Oc one looks like it could be an NPC in this gen. The old man demo for PS4. The skin looks like it's made of a rubber prosthetic used for makeup. It just looks off.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I'm gonna go with ffvii remake.

Days Gone. Hands down.
Nothing even comes close.

Days Gone

It looks absolutely stunning. It is hard to believe that it is actually running on UE4, because it looks like nothing else produced with that engine.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

VAMatt said:
I don't have a list of video games by engine. Are there people that actually keep track of this stuff, or are you all just looking it up when you decide to comment on this thread?

As someone interested in tech stuff I know dozens off the top of my head, but there's a list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

hinch said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah the character models are insane. And the camera effects are top notch. Haven't played the game yet but it definitely stands out and looks stunning from the screenshots and videos I've seen. Definitely one of the best looking games available.

I highly recommend it, it's an amazing game. Not sure what platforms you own but luckily it's available on pretty much everything; PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch.

^ Yeah.. I was thinking of picking it up on PC since it probably runs best on there, plus it supports ultra-wide (21:9) so even better! :D