By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony push developers to use their controller's features more?

thismeintiel said:

I think devs will do whatever they want. And they should have the freedom to do so, as well. However, I think we're going to see a lot of devs take advantage of the new Dual Sense. Mainly because this isn't anything extra the player has to do. Not motion or touchpad gimmicks. It's just normal gaming enhanced. And I think once players feel the adaptive triggers and much more refined rumble in exclusive games, they'll ask for them to be in multiplat games, too. If they aren't already there.

But the touchpad and gyro still need to be used more often than they are now. Particularly with gyro aiming. Why hasn't this become standard on PlayStation yet?

Around the Network

No. Devs should feel comfortable on how they use the features on the controller.

Sony should pitch their first party studios to use them, yes. There's really no excuse for all Sony studios games to not at least support gyro aiming and using the touchpad for UI navigation. I'm afraid pushing third parties to do it would be a waste of time, though. It would just result in half-baked implementations like we saw on the Wii/Wii U.

Sony shouldn't even push developers to develop games for their console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If great examples are set, devs will follow. Its why many Switch games use gyroscope.

Sony should definitely push internal devs to use the gyroscope and different touch points on the touch pad as additional skill shortcuts/hotkey but if they have valid reasons not to include it as an option. Then fair enough.