By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware May 17 to 23

curl-6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

VGC has year end 2016 numbers for PS4 + XB1 as 53.5m+27.9m = 81.4m.  That is 43% of the 190m total you suggested about 3 years after launch (including all holiday sales). 

So, 43% of 130m is approximately 56m.  I'll bet that combined sales of PS5 + Series X are 56m or less combined by year end 2023 (using VGC numbers).  That should be enough time to tell which of our predictions was actually on the right track.

56 million or less by the end of 2023... okay, I'll take that bet. I say that by the end of calendar 2023, the combined sales of PS5 and Xbox Series X will be more than 56 million. Assuming both still release this year of course. 

Sounds good.  If they don't both release this year then we'll either have to call off the bet or modify it in some way.

Do you have any stakes?  I've never made a bet on this forum (or any forum) before.



Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
curl-6 said:

56 million or less by the end of 2023... okay, I'll take that bet. I say that by the end of calendar 2023, the combined sales of PS5 and Xbox Series X will be more than 56 million. Assuming both still release this year of course. 

Sounds good.  If they don't both release this year then we'll either have to call off the bet or modify it in some way.

Do you have any stakes?  I've never made a bet on this forum (or any forum) before.

A usual one is either an admission in one's signature that the other was correct for a month, or the winner chooses the loser's avatar for a month, or both. Is the former acceptable to you?



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Sounds good.  If they don't both release this year then we'll either have to call off the bet or modify it in some way.

Do you have any stakes?  I've never made a bet on this forum (or any forum) before.

A usual one is either an admission in one's signature that the other was correct for a month, or the winner chooses the loser's avatar for a month, or both. Is the former acceptable to you?

Sounds good.  Admit the other was right in signature for a month.  



yo33331 said:
mk7sx said:
Should do a weekly comparison of NSW 2020 vs. DS 07 08 09 and Wii 08 using VGC numbers.

I might put it together if no one else has easy access - NSW 2020 might be on pace for fastest to 10M in a calendar year.

Just checked on it.

The strongest first 5 months of a year were to DS in 2007 which did 9.125M with may included.

The Switch with the 3rd week of may is at 8.7M for this year, so it have to make a bit over 400K the last week to beat the DS numbers in 2007.. and probably won't.

However it is still very impressive, it beats every other console on every other year.

P.S. Just to report a bug.. the hardware by date chart doesn't show all of the numbers when you put the cursor over the lines .. it shows only some of the console numbers..

mk7sx said:
yo33331 said:

Just checked on it.

The strongest first 5 months of a year were to DS in 2007 which did 9.125M with may included.

The Switch with the 3rd week of may is at 8.7M for this year, so it have to make a bit over 400K the last week to beat the DS numbers in 2007.. and probably won't.

However it is still very impressive, it beats every other console on every other year.

P.S. Just to report a bug.. the hardware by date chart doesn't show all of the numbers when you put the cursor over the lines .. it shows only some of the console numbers..

Yup I saw.  Could be close - Chris on Era (kind fellow who has posted the MC/Famitsu numbers for over a decade) is guestimating that Nintendo held some stock aside for the Xenoblade launch.  So if JP bumps up to 70-80K and rest of the world hops like 5-10% it could match the 5-month total. 

Quite impressive either way at this point, it's locked to beat the 5 month total of 08/09 DS and 08 Wii.

Japan up 105% week-over-week.  If everything else stays flat, we're at ~410K for the week.  Let's see what the algo spits out, it will be a close call through first 5 months between DS 07 and NSW 20.



What a heavy correction. Switch - 90,000 units, PS4 - 20,000 and XBO also - 20,000 units compared to OP.



Around the Network
siebensus4 said:
What a heavy correction. Switch - 90,000 units, PS4 - 20,000 and XBO also - 20,000 units compared to OP.

And why were these adjustments made ?