By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gold possum that looks like a real life Pikachu found right near where I live

curl-6 said:
NightlyPoe said:

Eh, possums are nasty animals in general.  So I'm not feeling too bad.

How very dare you.

Brushtail possums are beautiful creatures. Sure, they may growl like demons in the night to declare their territory, but they're not at all aggressive towards people.

Are ozzy possums full of disease? I had an ozzy possum sneak up on me outside a pub and it seemed friendly. I was told not to stroke it cos if it bites I'll catch rabies. Still not sure if they were being serious.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
curl-6 said:

How very dare you.

Brushtail possums are beautiful creatures. Sure, they may growl like demons in the night to declare their territory, but they're not at all aggressive towards people.

Are ozzy possums full of disease? I had an ozzy possum sneak up on me outside a pub and it seemed friendly. I was told not to stroke it cos if it bites I'll catch rabies. Still not sure if they were being serious.

There's no rabies in Australia, so no, you can't catch it from possums or any other animal here.

curl-6 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

There's no rabies in Australia, so no, you can't catch it from possums or any other animal here.

It was an American who warned me. Sounds like their possums are cunts. Can't blame 'em.

Pyro as Bill said:
curl-6 said:

It was an American who warned me. Sounds like their possums are cunts. Can't blame 'em.

Ah, yeah I can't speak for American possums, not having ever encountered one as I have not yet visited the USA.

curl-6 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Ah, yeah I can't speak for American possums, not having ever encountered one as I have not yet visited the USA.

Do they do anything useful? Eat lots of grass? Keep rats away? Assassinate cats?

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
curl-6 said:

Do they do anything useful? Eat lots of grass? Keep rats away? Assassinate cats?

They make me feel happy with their cuteness. :)

curl-6 said:
Immersiveunreality said:
I'm worried for the possum,that animal has no use with the fact it has a certain color and yet it might be put under a huge amount of stress because people find it cute.

Well, they are at increased risk in the wild cos they are easier for predators to spot, so often they are safer in human care.

Ka-pi96 said:
Those claws though... it looks like it could tear you apart if it wanted to! :O

For climbing trees. ;) 

And it kinda looks like you can keep it at home like a cat,watching some netflix with pika on the lap.

Pyro as Bill said:
curl-6 said:

American opossums (Virginia Opossums) are scavengers / opportunists, they clean up road kill and the food out of my cat's bowl.  They can be trained. Some of them are pretty dirty.  They are not aggressive in the least. Worst I've seen them do is hiss at you if you have them cornered and scared.  I've tried to shoo them off the porch before with a broom and even though I'm shoving them with it / lightly tapping them they don't bite at the broom.

They don't seem particularly intelligent.

Pyro as Bill said:
curl-6 said:

Opossums in America almost never carry rabies.  It is possible, but very very rare.  It is due to their low body temperature.  It is believe that it makes them a poor host for the virus.  However, they can be mean little shits.  I wouldn't recommend going near a wild one.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)