By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gold possum that looks like a real life Pikachu found right near where I live

It would make an excellent Bond villain pet.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
I'm worried for the possum,that animal has no use with the fact it has a certain color and yet it might be put under a huge amount of stress because people find it cute.

Well, they are at increased risk in the wild cos they are easier for predators to spot, so often they are safer in human care.

Ka-pi96 said:
Those claws though... it looks like it could tear you apart if it wanted to! :O

For climbing trees. ;) 

Possum are usually the vilest of creatures, so much so that guard dogs are needed. But even then they sometimes kill the dogs. This one looks alright I guess.

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:
Possum are usually the vilest of creatures, so much so that guard dogs are needed. But even then they sometimes kill the dogs. This one looks alright I guess.

Those are the American ones though, right? I believe the Australian ones are very different.

Yep, the American kind is quite famous for playing possum (dead). Other than that, they are a really strange animal. For example they have 50 teeth, which is quite a lot.  Here is a lovely specimen in a piano.

Yeah for the record the animal I'm posting about is the Australian Common Brushtail Possum, they are not vicious at all and a very different animal to the American possum, not even being closely related.

Around the Network

Hmm, it's cute 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Mmmmm. Looks delicious. Do they taste the same as the original flavoured ones?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

j/k

can possums be trained?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

NightlyPoe said:
Immersiveunreality said:
I'm worried for the possum,that animal has no use with the fact it has a certain color and yet it might be put under a huge amount of stress because people find it cute.

Eh, possums are nasty animals in general.  So I'm not feeling too bad.

How very dare you.

Brushtail possums are beautiful creatures. Sure, they may growl like demons in the night to declare their territory, but they're not at all aggressive towards people.