By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Results are in! It sold 1.32!)Prediction: Xenoblade Chronicles DE will sell 1.5 million units in it's first month

Do you agree?

Yes it will sell 1.5 million in a month. 13 35.14%

No it will sell less. 20 54.05%

Yes, but it will sell more! 4 10.81%

Total:37

I know it is bold, but I feel like everything is linning up for Monolith and Xenoblade.

Gaming as a whole has become so much more popular.The Switch is a ravaging success, Xenoblade as a brand has gotten much bigger with XB 2, and the first Xenoblade is considered to be the better game(even if it that's debatable).

And there is an additional plus: The coronavirus and the quarentines.I know these are (finally) starting to die down, but by the end of may, it's effects will still be very significant, and since people will be looking for something to play, and with XB being the big May release, then it will certainly help the game sales.

Not to mention that Nintendo is REALLY pushing the XB brand right now.We can see it with the big marketing push the game is getting(Being the last reveal of the September Direct, opening up the March Mini direct, the front cover game of the Famitsu of this month), the game will certainly not lack exposure.

This is finally the time for Monolith and Xenoblade to shine!

Oh, and did you guys know that XB DE was developed in almost a year and a half? Yeah, Monolith decided to remake the game after seeing XB 2 sales, and pitched the game to Nintendo in August of 2018.Crazy how efficient they are.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I could very probably eat my crow, but it won't. It'll sell less than a million in its first quarter.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Nautilus said:

I know it is bold, but I feel like everything is linning up for Monolith and Xenoblade.

Gaming as a whole has become so much more popular.The Switch is a ravaging success, Xenoblade as a brand has gotten much bigger with XB 2, and the first Xenoblade is considered to be the better game(even if it that's debatable).

And there is an additional plus: The coronavirus and the quarentines.I know these are (finally) starting to die down, but by the end of may, it's effects will still be very significant, and since people will be looking for something to play, and with XB being the big May release, then it will certainly help the game sales.

Not to mention that Nintendo is REALLY pushing the XB brand right now.We can see it with the big marketing push the game is getting(Being the last reveal of the September Direct, opening up the March Mini direct, the front cover game of the Famitsu of this month), the game will certainly not lack exposure.

Oh, and did you guys know that XB DE was developed in almost a year and a half? Yeah, Monolith decided to remake the game after seeing XB 2 sales, and pitched the game to Nintendo in August of 2018.Crazy how efficient they are.

I think it's possible, depends on how people rely on reviews and trailers. Btw, where did you get that info? From the latest Famitsu issue?

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

AlbiNecroxz said:
Nautilus said:

I think it's possible, depends on how people rely on reviews and trailers. Btw, where did you get that info? From the latest Famitsu issue?

Yes!Here is a thread in Resetera where they have translated some parts of it:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/monolith-soft-new-game-in-development-headed-by-production-group-1-xb-team.209394/

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Can Nintendo even ship 1.5 million units at this moment?

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

Yes!Here is a thread in Resetera where they have translated some parts of it:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/monolith-soft-new-game-in-development-headed-by-production-group-1-xb-team.209394/

Thanks!

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

MasonADC said:

What would be their impediment to not do so? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

MasonADC said:

Of course they would be able to.The outbreak hasn't impeded that much anz game physical production.

Plus, you underestimate the potential of digital sales.

Well, they already have my money. Just waiting for the internet to tell my switch it is ok to play...

Now is a good time for the series tbh XBC2 really helped the series to be noticed while first party games are on the up, Astral Chain managed to do 1m even with its challenge as a new IP with an unorthodox approach due to how hard it was pushed so a similar push will really help DE. I wonder if their new game is the new IP they wanted to do?