By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where the Hell is Google's First party Stadia Games?

Stadia gonna have a real tough time when Xcloud launches on PC/console. Even at Xbox’s worst they still had Halo Gears Forza. Google has nothing time tested and ultimately their lack of exclusives will be their death.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Who needs to make games when they can buy games

sales2099 said:
Stadia gonna have a real tough time when Xcloud launches on PC/console. Even at Xbox’s worst they still had Halo Gears Forza. Google has nothing time tested and ultimately their lack of exclusives will be their death.

I don't know if that's true, simply because I can't see them floundering harder than they are doing now, they hit rock bottom already. Once XCloud launches their userbase of 100 people worldwide will become 80 people, not that much changes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
sales2099 said:

I don't know if that's true, simply because I can't see them floundering harder than they are doing now, they hit rock bottom already. Once XCloud launches their userbase of 100 people worldwide will become 80 people, not that much changes.

You can become stagnant, which is also acceptable In stadia case lol. I think the have 1 million users now....that’s room to flounder harder if you ask me. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Google just moneyhatted Serious Sam 4 to keep it off consoles, so they could have it exclusive for a year. Yeah, you heard that right. They are starting to pull the same exclusivity shit that EGS has been pulling on Steam. Except they are targeting consoles. This is going to be a really shitty gen if every other 3rd party PC game is locked to the EGS for a year, and every other 3rd party console game is locked to Stadia for a year.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Google just moneyhatted Serious Sam 4 to keep it off consoles, so they could have it exclusive for a year. Yeah, you heard that right. They are starting to pull the same exclusivity shit that EGS has been pulling on Steam. Except they are targeting consoles. This is going to be a really shitty gen if every other 3rd party PC game is locked to the EGS for a year, and every other 3rd party console game is locked to Stadia for a year.

It's Serious Sam. Not only it has never been a big seller, its sales are predominantly on PC. This move is bad, but it's probably not doing anything to anyone. Stadia won't sell more because this is not a big seller, most Serious Sam players are not going to be affected, and Croteam and Devolver Digital won't lose enough sales to make the money from the deal detrimental.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 22 May 2020

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Cerebralbore101 said:

But they don't have it exclusive for a year, thanks to the PC version.

The only game (timed?) exclusive to streaming platforms is "Gylt" as far as I know.

I played through that in my free trial of Stadia... a nice exploring game, but no system/service seller. It ran very well, but that can be expected for slow paced genres like these.

On the other hand I can't understand why Google thought that fast paced games like Mortal Kombat, Thumper or Serious Sam would be good fits for their service.

Conina said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

But they don't have it exclusive for a year, thanks to the PC version.

The only game (timed?) exclusive to streaming platforms is "Gylt" as far as I know.

I played through that in my free trial of Stadia... a nice exploring game, but no system/service seller. It ran very well, but that can be expected for slow paced genres like these.

On the other hand I can't understand why Google thought that fast paced games like Mortal Kombat, Thumper or Serious Sam would be good fits for their service.

I should have gone into more detail on that one. They are paying to keep it off consoles for a year, and have it as Stadia/PC only. This is the article that prompted my post. I just didn't explain it fully. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/google_stadia_exclusivity_delays_serious_sam_4_on_ps4_until_2021

xbebop said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I'm crossing my fingers that all of them are just shitty GaaS multiplayer only games like Amazon is currently doing. But another question is will Stadia still be alive by the time these game will be ready?

I could see something like that being a big hit in East Asia, where internet speeds are high and data caps are non-existent. 

What country has data caps now?!

Here in England only the utterly worst ISPs which you've never even heard of that cost about £15 a month have data caps (and some high speed mobile phone networks).

Even basic packages provide 25Mbs unlimited use.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

Well it looks like Stadia is finally starting to publish its own games.

Again, I must ask, why weren't these games available at launch?