By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where the Hell is Google's First party Stadia Games?

I hope it really never gets any. The fact that Stadia only operates in around 20 countries makes Stadia having exclusive games a really shitty thing for those who don't happen to live in these countries. And unlike local hardware, you can't import Stadia where it's unavailable.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
I hope it really never gets any. The fact that Stadia only operates in around 20 countries makes Stadia having exclusive games a really shitty thing for those who don't happen to live in these countries. And unlike local hardware, you can't import Stadia where it's unavailable.

Unfortunately for you, Google already have 4 studios that began working for Stadia exclusives and more studios are poised to be announced.

CuCabeludo said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Unfortunately for you, Google already have 4 studios that began working for Stadia exclusives and more studios are poised to be announced.

Let's see how many great exclusives they will launch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CuCabeludo said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

I'm crossing my fingers that all of them are just shitty GaaS multiplayer only games like Amazon is currently doing. But another question is will Stadia still be alive by the time these game will be ready?

Don't worry games are about to drop on stadia and ouya at the same time.

Around the Network

Poor stadia, couldn't even get high enough to fall off a cliff.

pikashoe said:
Poor stadia, couldn't even get high enough to fall off a cliff.

think about a quantum cliff.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TallSilhouette said:
TheMisterManGuy said:

It'll probably get better down the line, but the inability to have a tangible first party lineup ready for launch is IMO, the most boneheaded mistake Google made with the service so far. I think people can forgive the other problems with Stadia, if it at least had a library of compelling First Party Software exclusive to it, but it doesn't, so its flaws become even more apparent. Third Party Games give a platform market relevance, but First Party Games give a platform its personality. They help define the console's style, its features, its unique position in the market. Right now, aside from the novelty of Streaming, Stadia has no first party games, so as far as I'm concerned, it has no personality, no style, no uniqueness.

Indeed. I was more optimistic about the service and its potential before we had all the details and its underwhelming release. I expected a big first party title that leveraged Stadia's infrastructure for an experience that wouldn't have been possible before (the next step in massive multiplayer, for instance). No first party content in sight to separate the service from the rest has definitely been a huge misstep. If they don't deliver the goods this is gonna continue to flop hard. Maybe MS will pick it up if Google keeps dropping the ball.

The next 2 years will be Google's chance to redeem itself. If they can convince people that Stadia is worth playing with quality exclusives and improved features, then the perception can be salvaged. 

OnLive 2.0.

derpysquirtle64 said:
CuCabeludo said:

I'm crossing my fingers that all of them are just shitty GaaS multiplayer only games like Amazon is currently doing. But another question is will Stadia still be alive by the time these game will be ready?

Google can definitely eat a few years of big losses on Stadia. However, if they don't have any worthwhile exclusives within a year of the XBX and PS5 launches, they're done. Microsoft and Sony will have their own robust streaming services out there, with well-known franchises as exclusives. 

I'm really excited about what streaming will mean for mobile devices in the future. Nintendo could potentially (not likely, but still) sell a "Switch Super-Lite" that has minimal hardware in it but streams games at a high res. Sell it for roughly $80 or something. Public Wi-Fi is basically everywhere now, and it only going to proliferate further in the future, with even faster speeds. I could see something like that being a big hit in East Asia, where internet speeds are high and data caps are non-existent.