Ninja Theory 0 0.00%

Playground Games 4 26.67%

Obsidian 6 40.00%

Rare 2 13.33%

The Coalition 0 0.00%

Other 0 0.00%

Total:15

Looks good.

I'd speculate that Rare has 3 teams, they have 3 Creative Directors and 3 Technical Directors, recently someone else took over Sea of Thieves as Creative Director which leaves an known as to what Gregg Mayles is doing as Everwild already has a Creative Director, so it is possible Gregg is leading another team now after moving on from Sea of Thieves (Please be another Viva Pinata).

There's some rumours that The Coalition is maybe assisting on Perfect Dark with The Initiative, specifically the multiplayer portion of the game.

Undead Labs 2nd studio unfortunately is less a development studio, more a special initiative for students, unaffiliated to Xbox so I wouldn't expect them to be doing anything other than State of Decay 3.

Obsidian has 3-4 teams, I'd expect The Outer Worlds 2, AAA RPG, Grounded and Josh Sawyer team - Likely Josh Sawyer's team will be very small since he's burnt out on working on big projects.

I'm very excited for the variety coming out of XGS and very much looking forward to Xbox becoming a major WRPG powerhouse again.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 May 2020

Around the Network

Im interested in what the Initiative puts out.

vivster said:

What is XGS?

edit: Aha, didn't know that was a thing or that those companies were part of it.

The only games I'd consider playing of those are from Obsidian. So the correct answer is Obsidian.

Truth!

Seeing inXile up there, and thinking about how "Torment: Tides of Numenera" was a letdown from the greatness that Torment planescape was.... ontop of how poorly made and buggy Wasteland 2 was (totally overrated metacritic score), I was like "okay I can live without inXile games".

But seeing Obsidian on that list actually hurts.

South Park: The Stick of Truth was awesome.
Pillars of Eternity 1 + 2 are both fantastic as well.
Havnt played Outer worlds, but that seems to have been well recieved too.

ironmanDX said:
That's actually a good looking portfolio... for the most part.

If you ignore "inXile" + "Rare" + "Compulsion games" + "Undead Labs".
Their resent work leaves alot to be desired.

The "stars" are clearly:
343, Obsidian, Playground games, The Coalition and the guys makeing Ori.

About what I expected, Obsidian has the most consistent record (not counting Playground games). Obsidian is probably the most promising studio imo (Playground may be a close second or even top dog if they can nail Fable IV).

Around the Network

The Best is Yet to Come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Ryuu96 said:

I'm very excited for the variety coming out of XGS and very much looking forward to Xbox becoming a major WRPG powerhouse again.

Me too :D

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:

What is XGS?

edit: Aha, didn't know that was a thing or that those companies were part of it.

The only games I'd consider playing of those are from Obsidian. So the correct answer is Obsidian.

Truth!

Seeing inXile up there, and thinking about how "Torment: Tides of Numenera" was a letdown from the greatness that Torment planescape was.... ontop of how poorly made and buggy Wasteland 2 was (totally overrated metacritic score), I was like "okay I can live without inXile games".

For me, Torment: Tides of Numenera was a really great game. Not as great as the first Torment, but still inXile exceeded my expectations. The world was created really in a unique way, and the story was also the highest league.

That is why I have high expectations for them. Let's see how they will deal with Wasteland 3.

For the poll i voted for Rare.

Pok87 said:
JRPGfan said:

Truth!

For me, Torment: Tides of Numenera was a really great game. Not as great as the first Torment, but still inXile exceeded my expectations. The world was created really in a unique way, and the story was also the highest league.

That is why I have high expectations for them. Let's see how they will deal with Wasteland 3.

I actually think inXile "could" be great.
The issue was just funding..... crowd funding isnt always the best option for makeing great games.

MS buying them should mean their quality goes up.
So yes hopefully Wasteland 3 is better made than the 2nd game was.

Torment Tides of Numenera wasnt a bad game, just not as hype as I was expecting.
Wasteland 2 was a bad game, and a buggy mess ontop of that. Thats one of those play a few hours, and then go "yep im done, no more of this".