By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal 5 Demo vs Series X Reveal

Which event got you more impressed?

Xbox Series X Gameplay Event 25 27.17%

Unreal Engine 5 PS5 Demo 67 72.83%

Total:92
Captain_Yuri said:
Libi said:

Wait, wait. "Its obvious that the PC will definitely catch and exceed", really? PC needs to catch up a stupid console? Arent PC´s better in everthing? Im confused. Now that i was about to spent 1000€ on an average PC, you say that i will have to catch up. hahahha. Ok, PS5 to my living room. Thanks, you just saved me around 500€.

I didn't know you could buy a ps5 right now? Can you send me the link cause I'd like to buy one myself.

LOL. I know that. Just beeing a little sarcastic. 

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

I didn't know you could buy a ps5 right now? Can you send me the link cause I'd like to buy one myself.

While you are waiting, send me a link to any PC that can decompress a stream from an ssd with coherency into vram.

Cause I'd really like to buy one myself, and I have never seen one so far.

Is there a demo of what new game mechanics this will allow for or the game changing differences it will make to CoD multiplayer, Fortnite, FIFA or GTA online?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Is there a demo of what new game mechanics this will allow for or the game changing differences it will make to CoD multiplayer, Fortnite, FIFA or GTA online?

I hope it fixes the pop-in in the crew 2

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

LudicrousSpeed said:
eva01beserk said:

That truly proves that you dont ever bother to understand what anyone is saying. Where you to pay attention I say that it wont matter in the future, because it dosent matter now. An SSD is not a bottle neck for PC's. So even faster SSD's in the future will mean nothing. PC's have more ram wich is by far more usefull, Sony's SSD solution is only there because consoles are limited by that 16gb used not only for graphics but os and what ever else. Thats new entry level laptops amount of ram. A gaming PC pretty much almost standart to have 32gb just for system and then what ever more the Graphics card offers. Anyone looking to upgrade a pc for gaming would not need more than a basic ssd. So its pointles to debate SSD soutions when PC's dont have that problem. 

Agree it’s pointless to debate because PC will surpass anything the consoles can do. And whether you think their back and forth matters or not is irrelevant. He was right, you can get a faster SSD setup on PC right now and the PS5 is still half a year off, let alone what we can get by the time the PS5 launches. Were both saying the same thing, PC is superior and it doesn’t matter, but lol he isn’t trolling by pointing out facts. Also so many people buying the PR with this event and actually believing this stuff kind of makes it less irrelevant.

I should have figure it would be pointless.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
In terms of showing off what we can expect graphically from next-gen, the UE5 demo wins hands down. It was absolutely gorgeous. If that's any indication of what we can expect from the PS5 and XSX in terms of visual quality in AAA games, then... wow. Just awesome. We already potentially got a taste of proper next-gen visuals with the Hellblade II trailer, but this was actual gameplay, so it's highly likely to be representative of what big-budget next-gen games will look like when playing them. I've been saying for quite some time that there is still a lot of progress to be made with game graphics: lighting, draw distances, animation, etc. Returns may be diminishing, but are still more than significant enough to warrant new generations of consoles.

That being said, I do appreciate what MS tried to do with last week's showcase. It highlighted mostly smaller developers and lower-key games that are likely to get overlooked because the focus will be on the big AAA titles. Should they have opened with a video focused on such titles? Given the reception, probably not. There should have at least been a couple of other major AAA games featured there besides a trailer for AC: Valhalla, and with actual gameplay. If there was nothing the big third parties could show off in terms of gameplay, then maybe MS should have held off on the event. Strategically, you could argue last week's showcase was a bad move, and they should have been more explicit about what to expect even if it didn't produce as much hype, but you can't fault MS for not highlighting some unique games that might otherwise not be given the time of day.

In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to next generation. I'm still planning on getting an XSX at launch and a PS5 some time in 2021. Both systems will pretty much be guaranteed to have plenty to warrant getting them. I have both an X1X and PS4, and I've thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

It is all about balance. Sony also had a lot of Indies on PS4 reveal but they also revealed jaw dropping demos at the same time and good quantity. When the event made by MS had basically only indies and one crossgen that wasn't looking jaw dropping besides Hellblade or Halo also not doing that when presented that harm a little the power narrative MS is going for.

But sure in the end all that is irrelevant as both companies are still to really show what they have for launch and will probably do it along June/July.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Shadow1980 said:
In terms of showing off what we can expect graphically from next-gen, the UE5 demo wins hands down. It was absolutely gorgeous. If that's any indication of what we can expect from the PS5 and XSX in terms of visual quality in AAA games, then... wow. Just awesome. We already potentially got a taste of proper next-gen visuals with the Hellblade II trailer, but this was actual gameplay, so it's highly likely to be representative of what big-budget next-gen games will look like when playing them. I've been saying for quite some time that there is still a lot of progress to be made with game graphics: lighting, draw distances, animation, etc. Returns may be diminishing, but are still more than significant enough to warrant new generations of consoles.

That being said, I do appreciate what MS tried to do with last week's showcase. It highlighted mostly smaller developers and lower-key games that are likely to get overlooked because the focus will be on the big AAA titles. Should they have opened with a video focused on such titles? Given the reception, probably not. There should have at least been a couple of other major AAA games featured there besides a trailer for AC: Valhalla, and with actual gameplay. If there was nothing the big third parties could show off in terms of gameplay, then maybe MS should have held off on the event. Strategically, you could argue last week's showcase was a bad move, and they should have been more explicit about what to expect even if it didn't produce as much hype, but you can't fault MS for not highlighting some unique games that might otherwise not be given the time of day.

In any case, I'm definitely looking forward to next generation. I'm still planning on getting an XSX at launch and a PS5 some time in 2021. Both systems will pretty much be guaranteed to have plenty to warrant getting them. I have both an X1X and PS4, and I've thoroughly enjoyed both of them.

It is all about balance. Sony also had a lot of Indies on PS4 reveal but they also revealed jaw dropping demos at the same time and good quantity. When the event made by MS had basically only indies and one crossgen that wasn't looking jaw dropping besides Hellblade or Halo also not doing that when presented that harm a little the power narrative MS is going for.

But sure in the end all that is irrelevant as both companies are still to really show what they have for launch and will probably do it along June/July.

You really cannot compare an E3 event to a streamed small event like MS showed we need some context.  Neither Sony or MS has showed their hand so can we not act like that small streamed event was the only thing they will be doing for this year.

The fact is, you are comparing a tech demo to a game showing and trying to find meaning.  The meaning is that one is a ways off from realization and the other is around the corner.

I will give you this, MS should know by now how gamers are.  If you are not blowing their minds then you are garbage.  There usually no middle ground and they should just follow Sony play book.  Show them trailers of stuff years off from completion to get the wow factor going even if those games may never see daylight.  What was that capcom dragon game that never came out and was exclusive to the PS4.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 15 May 2020

Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:

You really cannot compare an E3 event to a streamed small event like MS showed we need some context.  Neither Sony or MS has showed their hand so can we not act like that small streamed event was the only thing they will be doing for this year.

The fact is, you are comparing a tech demo to a game showing and trying to find meaning.  The meaning is that one is a ways off from realization and the other is around the corner.

Not really, perhaps you confused a little.

My point was that with the two recent events from both companies they were more moved to the Sony side (that was being said to be lacking on the PS5 marketing side).

I even said on the second paragraph that doesn't mean much at the moment and that both will reveal more when we get closer to launch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:

I will give you this, MS should know by now how gamers are.  If you are not blowing their minds then you are garbage.  There usually no middle ground and they should just follow Sony play book.  Show them trailers of stuff years off from completion to get the wow factor going even if those games may never see daylight.  What was that capcom dragon game that never came out and was exclusive to the PS4.

How far away do you think that hellblade 2 trailer seems to you? From a small studio that just released a game? Where it wasent even runing on engine? Or the project mara that does not even have an official name yet,where the description only says is only a concept, yet a concept trailer was shown? Wasent also halo infinite anounced e3 2018 and so far we havent even seen game runing?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Agree it’s pointless to debate because PC will surpass anything the consoles can do. And whether you think their back and forth matters or not is irrelevant. He was right, you can get a faster SSD setup on PC right now and the PS5 is still half a year off, let alone what we can get by the time the PS5 launches. Were both saying the same thing, PC is superior and it doesn’t matter, but lol he isn’t trolling by pointing out facts. Also so many people buying the PR with this event and actually believing this stuff kind of makes it less irrelevant.

I should have figure it would be pointless.

Poor guy, you seem to be doing that a lot lately.