By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Engine 5 Announced + PS5 Demo

Teriol said:
Hynad said:

Source? 

Cause this word-for-word exact comment got moderated on reddit for being FUD.

Lol he's a famous XBOX fanboy .

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Teriol said:
UE5 tech demo runs on a laptop(RTX 2080 & 970 EVO Plus) at 1440p40+ fps, runs better than the ps5, in a notebook, so all this SSD sounds more like it is PR talking.

Source? 

I found the video!!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1kK411W7fK

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
Hynad said:

Source? 

So, you don’t have a trustworthy source.

Teriol said:
Hynad said:

Source? 

I found the video!!

Oh.. I met him again.

Teriol said:
Hynad said:

Source? 

I found the video!!

LOL!! They’re running the video of the PS5 demo on their laptop. Not the actual tech demo itself.

Around the Network

This person will probably be 10,000 times more famous in the English-speaking world than in China.
However, no one knows his name.

Hynad said:
Teriol said:

I found the video!!

LOL!! They’re running the video of the PS5 demo on their laptop. Not the actual tech demo itself.

Are you sure?

Hello guys from foreign country. I want to do a little translation.
52:57
Our goal is that the graphic quality like this demo, we want to make it run 60FPS at next-gen consoles. But now we do not reach the goal. Now it is 30FPS. Our target is 60FPS, that is also why we can not release it now. And I can ensure that we can run this demo in our notebook, in editor , not cooked, it even can 40FPS. ( After someone in BBS confirm that the device is RTX2080 and 970EVO )
126:53
SSD speed like PS5 is helpful, especially those huge scene streaming. Nanite and Virtual Texture is depend on I/O. Do we need such fast SSD so that we can run that demo? In fact if we analyze that, for example 2K. Our finally goal is that each pixel with one triangle. I assume with two triangle. In fact there are not such many triangles. It means it is MB/S level. It doesn't need such fast SSD like PS5 to run the demo.

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
Hynad said:

Are you sure?

Our goal is that the graphic quality like this demo, we want to make it run 60FPS at next-gen consoles. But now we do not reach the goal. Now it is 30FPS. Our target is 60FPS, that is also why we can not release it now. And I can ensure that we can run this demo in our notebook, in editor , not cooked, it even can 40FPS. ( After someone in BBS confirm that the device is RTX2080 and 970EVO )
SSD speed like PS5 is helpful, especially those huge scene streaming. Nanite and Virtual Texture is depend on I/O. Do we need such fast SSD so that we can run that demo? In fact if we analyze that, for example 2K. Our finally goal is that each pixel with one triangle. I assume with two triangle. In fact there are not such many triangles. It means it is MB/S level. It doesn't need such fast SSD like PS5 to run the demo.

I suspect the translation is utter shit.

But it is clear that they’re talking about the engine’s scalability.

And I question your motive here.

Hynad said:
Teriol said:

Are you sure?

I believe that Sony attached themselves to UE5 is because they know once it all comes out its going to run Better on xbox (motive)

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
Hynad said:

I believe that Sony attached themselves to UE5 is because they know once it all comes out its going to run Better on xbox (motive)

I believe your motive is to spread FUD.