By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Engine 5 Announced + PS5 Demo

curl-6 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but hot damn!

As someone who was always underwhelmed by the jump from PS3/360 to PS4/Xbone, this is impressive stuff, the leap in geometric detail alone is striking. If actual games can look this good or better this could be the first time since Uncharted 2 back in 2009 that I'll be truly wowed by a video game's visuals.

Yea next gen should be sick as long as they don't waste all the delicious power in trying to achieve native 4k all the time. I'd rather have them use something similar to DLSS and upscale from like 1440p to have the graphics look super fap worthy!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
curl-6 said:

As someone who was always underwhelmed by the jump from PS3/360 to PS4/Xbone, this is impressive stuff, the leap in geometric detail alone is striking. If actual games can look this good or better this could be the first time since Uncharted 2 back in 2009 that I'll be truly wowed by a video game's visuals.

Yea next gen should be sick as long as they don't waste all the delicious power in trying to achieve native 4k all the time. I'd rather have them use something similar to DLSS and upscale from like 1440p to have the graphics look super fap worthy!

Agreed. This demo ran at 1440p on PS5 apparently so I would rather they chase detail, lighting, physics, etc than 4K.

Captain_Yuri said:
curl-6 said:

Each dev will focus on different stuff, and with the upscaling techniques improving all the time then there is a good chance that some games will render a lot lower than 4k and upscale with techniques similar to the demo

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kirby007 said:
Hynad said:

You should check your constant blatant downplaying when it comes to anything related to the PS5, before calling out anyone else's.

now now dont make it personal and stick to the facts

My comment is no different in nature than yours. So maybe before telling others what to do, apply it yourself.

Hynad said:
kirby007 said:

now now dont make it personal and stick to the facts

My comment is no different in nature than yours. So maybe before telling others what to do, apply it yourself.

no you did a personal attack

i merely questioned the person was downplaying a vid because it came from china

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Each dev will focus on different stuff, and with the upscaling techniques improving all the time then there is a good chance that some games will render a lot lower than 4k and upscale with techniques similar to the demo

Yea that is very true. It's pretty crazy what current GPUs can do with DLSS so when next gen comes around, I expect it to have really good upscaling techniques for those games that need them.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Pemalite said:

Your question on why Microsoft didn't demonstrate Unreal Engine 5?

They probably did with Hellblade 2. They just didn't focus on the technology itself.

Oh, I see.

However, I think that it is insufficient for the next gen console.
Well, if MS wants to do that, that's fine, isn't it?

Why didn't MS demonstrate Unreal Engine 5, well for one thing it's not their call it's Epic's after all it's Epic's unreal engine 5 reveal . in this case Tim Sweeney said because Epic had spent the last few years engaging with Sony on their implementation  of SSD's and increased IO to better enhance games, it was a great fit for the demo, about Hellblade 2 why do people feel it may have showed off UE5 ?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Captain_Yuri said:
curl-6 said:

Hopefully AMD bothered to invent the technology for RDNA2 and then console get the tech... Because it truly is impressive and allows for an increase in fidelity.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

curl-6 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Agreed. This demo ran at 1440p on PS5 apparently so I would rather they chase detail, lighting, physics, etc than 4K.

I agree as well, most people have to be told what res it was and that not using the built in rt cores, doesn't mean there was no rt global illumination is a form of rt. plus Digital foundry said when looking at the 20 images they were given that the detail is so high that normal pixel counting went out the window.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 16 May 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

DonFerrari said:
Hynad said:

LOL!! They’re running the video of the PS5 demo on their laptop. Not the actual tech demo itself.

I won't lose my time opening the video, but do it play out equal to what was on PS5 or it show different stuff?

And since the team working on the demo was very small why would another team be using it on laptop and breaking probably some agreements between Epic and Sony?

I'm not saying that this video is real at all (mainly because I have absolutely no idea if it is or not) but let's not forget that Epic's primary objective at the end is that their engine is used for as many developers as possible, so I really doubt that they would sign a deal that would prevent them from talking about how their engine runs on PCs.