By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Engine 5 Announced + PS5 Demo

CGI-Quality said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Was this reveal meant for people in the industry or was it for gamers?  If this wasn't meant for gamers than I apologize. I was wrong.  I can see how this would be big for industry insiders.

On the other hand if this was meant for gamers, then I am the expert and you are wrong.  Gamers want games.  This wasn't a game.  It had nothing substantial for actual gamers.

It was for everyone. May not have been a full game (which was never argued), but this is how a lot of games will be made going forward. Using the very same engine, resources, and techniques seen in the demo. So, nothing I said was wrong. In fact, it was verified by others who work in the industry. 

More importantly, nothing I said was wrong.  I am not sure why you started arguing with me in the first place.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
moneyhatting, a thing that both parties are familiar with

Are you an insider?
It is not.

Given the history of the past, MS is clearly paying epic more.
As ms fans usually boast of the financial power of MS.

DonFerrari said:
CGI-Quality said:

Tanks? Not quite. Besides, the consoles won't necessarily mimic the brute force techniques seen on PC. 

It was for everyone. May not have been a full game (which was never argued), but this is how a lot of games will be made going forward. Using the very same engine, resources, and techniques seen in the demo. So, nothing I said was wrong. In fact, it was verified by others who work in the industry. 

The series X event also didn't show any full game, just glimpses of target rendering on mostly CG footage instead of real gameplay representing the real game. So not sure why the demo running realtime is an issue.

But Microsoft and Sony have been showing a lot of nothing so far.  Microsoft has been worse, but Sony is starting to follow suit.  Where are the games?  What is the hardware price?  You know, the actual important stuff, where is it?  This little tech demo looked really nice, but it's only a little tech demo.  Everything has been much ado about nothing so far.

kirby007 said:

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1260683274524848131?s=20

https://twitter.com/aarongree

tatus/1260683274524848131?s=20

Oh god, almost a decade later, and Aaron still sounds as desperate as ever. 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More importantly, nothing I said was wrong.  I am not sure why you started arguing with me in the first place.

You asked questions, I elaborated. You're on a public forum and people are going to engage. That is why you were quoted and if you didn't want to discuss it, you could have not responded. Considering you've been a bit hostile from the beginning (and you're the only one), then the discussion can end here. Want to talk further to me? Send along a PM or wall message.

Well, there is the core of our debate.  It was in fact "essentially nothing".  This public forum is about games.  If it's not a game then its essentially nothing.

Also, you've been pretty disrespectful yourself during this conversation.  I somewhat expect more from a mod.  If you are too sensitive about this topic to avoid being disrespectful, then you could also choose to disengage and not reply to me in the first place.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
CGI-Quality said:

You asked questions, I elaborated. You're on a public forum and people are going to engage. That is why you were quoted and if you didn't want to discuss it, you could have not responded. Considering you've been a bit hostile from the beginning (and you're the only one), then the discussion can end here. Want to talk further to me? Send along a PM or wall message.

Well, there is the core of our debate.  It was in fact "essentially nothing".  This public forum is about games.  If it's not a game then its essentially nothing.

Also, you've been pretty disrespectful yourself during this conversation.  I somewhat expect more from a mod.  If you are too sensitive about this topic to avoid being disrespectful, then you could also choose to disengage and not reply to me in the first place.

Relax dear sir, your initial post came off as weirdly dismissive of what was shown and somehow you were expecting some unnamed full game (for whatever reason). Clearly a lot of people more in the know, and yes, including a lot of gamers, are excited by what was shown. If you don "get" why this demo was impressive, then why not just move along and wait for the next showing? I hear the next SoP will have a deeper dive in ghost of tsushima, maybe that will be more interesting to you.

CGI-Quality said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
I don't doubt that Series X supports UE5.
But why didn't MS show the same demo as the PS5 ?
That way, they could show the performance difference between the PS5 and the Series X

And most of MS game studios use epic's game engine.
Sony is not.
Given the relationship between MS and EPIC, MS could have shown the same demo as Sony.

Most likely a deal with Sony (similar to what happened with the PS4). The PS5 could very well be the lead platform for UE5 games as a result.

It's weird that if Sony pays EPIC, MS won't be able to make their UE5 demos.
MS will be able to pay as much as they want.

kirby007 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

If UE5 supports Series X,

Don't you wonder that MS didn't  show the tech demo off on an XseX?

thats hilariously naive

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1260683274524848131?s=20

https://twitter.com/aarongree

tatus/1260683274524848131?s=20

Now I remember ,that you've always doubted the PS5's raytracing.

Say those words to yourself.

By the way, Aaron said that the XBOX could do the same .Then you should wonder why they didn't make the  demo like ps5.

@oneee-chan!!!

Because its a presentation of the engine not the HW
which i said a couple of pages back

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.