By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Prediction: BotW will actually Sell 35mil Lifetime

BotW will actually sell around

23mil or under 3 9.38%

25mil 10 31.25%

27mil 5 15.63%

29mil 7 21.88%

31mil 4 12.50%

33mil 1 3.13%

35mil or more 2 6.25%

Total:32

I don't know. In the 30 millions seller thread I had already said that I don't think it will make it so I will say the same here. I don't think it will reach 35 millions.

Around the Network

Nah.. Right? Nah.. 35M is too much. I wouldn't dare predict a number myself though. Zelda has been defying gravity.

No chance of the switch version hitting it. Breath of the wild sales will decline along with the hardware in the upcoming years and BOTW 2 will take away some sales from the original. But you know? I really hope I’m wrong as no open world game comes close to it

MasonADC said:
No chance of the switch version hitting it. Breath of the wild sales will decline along with the hardware in the upcoming years and BOTW 2 will take away some sales from the original. But you know? I really hope I’m wrong as no open world game comes close to it

BotW sells accordingly to what NSW sells. 55mil NSW out there so let’s say another 50mil sell (105mil total) then if 1 out of 4 buy it that is roughly 12mil sales. Making it around 31mil-32mil right there.

but here is the thing, NSW is declining at least notable for this FY or I dare say the next. BotW sold 4.5mil each year and shows no signs of slowing down. BotW2 is not the upgrade multiplayer game that chops off legs. If anything it’ll give it a boost. That said I’m banking more on the fact that the game can sell with a budget or complete edition in a few years and I believe NSW will have a longer life cycle. 

hell BotW just needs to avg 3mil per year for 5 years and I think it’s doable

My bet: 31-33 million  end of life, with complete edition and budget edition. 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
MasonADC said:

BotW sells accordingly to what NSW sells. 55mil NSW out there so let’s say another 50mil sell (105mil total) then if 1 out of 4 buy it that is roughly 12mil sales. Making it around 31mil-32mil right there.

but here is the thing, NSW is declining at least notable for this FY or I dare say the next. BotW sold 4.5mil each year and shows no signs of slowing down. BotW2 is not the upgrade multiplayer game that chops off legs. If anything it’ll give it a boost. That said I’m banking more on the fact that the game can sell with a budget or complete edition in a few years and I believe NSW will have a longer life cycle. 

hell BotW just needs to avg 3mil per year for 5 years and I think it’s doable

Yes it does sell based on what the switch sales but I think that with the inevitable decline next year and the sequel which will only boost sales at first, it will sell less. I think the sequel will be just as well received and then it will become the IT game for the switch 

Just this one time, I think that's too bold

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Just this one time, I think that's too bold

That makes me happy

Ok I voted 31m. I think it can top 30m. But 35m? Don't know. That is too bold for me to say. It's theoretically possible, but will it actually happen? I'm going with 31m.

That... actually is possible. More than we may think.