By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should have a good tech demo game for DualSense at launch

Last month, Sony revealed the PlayStaiton 5's new controller, the DualSense. In addition to the features introduced in the DualShock 4, It features Advanced Haptic Feedback for rumble in place of the old twin mechanical motors. Adaptive Triggers that change in resistance depending on the action, and a built-in microphone, which Sony says is useful for instant voice chat online.

All these fancy doo-dads and thing-a-ma-bobs mean nothing if there's no game to show what they can do. This is where Sony needs to step in and give us a launch title that can demonstrate the potential of its new controller. I'm think a Japan Studio game, since they seem to like using the PS controller features. We need a game that can show us how Haptics, Adaptive Triggers, Mic, and maybe the touchpad and motion can be used in conjunction with each other to create that "Only on PS5" experience the console will need at launch.

Around the Network

I rather they didn't. Anytime there is some new features like that in controllers, devs force it in early on then abandoned for the most part later. I rather PS5 didn't have a Lair situation.

Last edited by Leynos - on 08 May 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

"All these fancy doo-dads and thing-a-ma-bobs mean nothing if there's no game to show what they can do."

Basically confirmed that new spiderman has it (the climbing, swinging), horizon zero dawn (bow, snow, mud), GT (dirt,grass,road, steering).... ect ect.

They already have the "funktions" in games.
Thats why you heard game journals (behinde closed doors) mention what it was like to experiance these features.

Yea that wouldn't be bad idea with a game like Dreams or something.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They didn't bother showing the entire controller. If they weren't going to show the back of it, they sure aren't showing it in use until they are good and ready. With the recent XB game showing, what PS has been doing, doesn't look quite as negative anymore.

Around the Network

They will, Sony will be focusing will not just graphic for PS5 but overall experience.

I'm pretty sure I heard Team Asobi!, which created Astro Bot within 18 months, has been hard at work to create a game that makes full use of the controller.

I'm pretty sure all of their first party titles will take advantage of it, so I'm not too worried about them needing some specific showcase.

They may need to push their internal studios to really take advantage of it though. I remember when I first played Botw thinking that haptic feedback was trash, but it only took a few minutes of Mario Odyssey to make me a true believer. Then Luigi's Mansion 3 turned me into a full-blown fanatic. Nuanced haptic feedback can really elevate an experience of used right.

I fell for it with one two Switch, won't fall for it again. No way am I buying another game to experience controller features. What a bunch of hype and make believe. Just make a controller with analog sticks and triggers that last longer than a year.

During launch window all first party and some third parties are all made to show the new features of the controller so don't worry about it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."