By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony should have a good tech demo game for DualSense at launch

A demo with dinosaurs and manta rays i suppose.

Last edited by Zoombael - on 10 May 2020

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
twintail said:
SvennoJ said:
I fell for it with one two Switch, won't fall for it again. No way am I buying another game to experience controller features. What a bunch of hype and make believe. Just make a controller with analog sticks and triggers that last longer than a year.

To be fair, the switch just uses more advanced rumble. It's not really comparable to what the Dual Sense is supposedly able to do.

Keyword bolded.

Anyway my kids still enjoy(ed) 1-2 Switch, even though it always ends in why, how, why doesn't it work for me etc. They're entertained winning a coin toss from each other, which is basically what 1-2 switch is :)

I'm more worried all these gimmicks keep controller prices high instead of focusing on improving the analog sticks and triggers. Rubber wearing off, Stick drift, sticky triggers, triggers not going 100% anymore, d-pad up not working anymore, I've had it all this gen. The only things working flawlessly are the track pad and that infernal light bar! (And yep, got stick drift on the Switch as well, fancy rumble, no room for a decent analog stick...)

twintail said:
Trunkin said:
I'm pretty sure all of their first party titles will take advantage of it, so I'm not too worried about them needing some specific showcase.

They may need to push their internal studios to really take advantage of it though. I remember when I first played Botw thinking that haptic feedback was trash, but it only took a few minutes of Mario Odyssey to make me a true believer. Then Luigi's Mansion 3 turned me into a full-blown fanatic. Nuanced haptic feedback can really elevate an experience of used right.

Isn't the Switch just more nuanced rumble? I don't think it's haptic feedback per se.

Regardless, I think we will definitely see something even better here.

Switch uses haptic feedback. It doesn't use the rumble motors that traditional controllers have. It's more like a stronger version of what's used in phones. It allows for a really wide range of feedback levels, so I don't really see how PS5's could be better from a hardware perspective. Maybe(hopefully) software implementation will be better, cause, as I said, the Switch's can be really hit or miss. I guess Dualsense has some kind of adaptive triggers too, but I heard Xbox One was supposed to have something similar and I've never really noticed it.

SvennoJ said:
twintail said:

To be fair, the switch just uses more advanced rumble. It's not really comparable to what the Dual Sense is supposedly able to do.

Keyword bolded.

Anyway my kids still enjoy(ed) 1-2 Switch, even though it always ends in why, how, why doesn't it work for me etc. They're entertained winning a coin toss from each other, which is basically what 1-2 switch is :)

I'm more worried all these gimmicks keep controller prices high instead of focusing on improving the analog sticks and triggers. Rubber wearing off, Stick drift, sticky triggers, triggers not going 100% anymore, d-pad up not working anymore, I've had it all this gen. The only things working flawlessly are the track pad and that infernal light bar! (And yep, got stick drift on the Switch as well, fancy rumble, no room for a decent analog stick...)

I haven't run into stick drift(yet), but I'm really disappointed in the Pro Controller's D-pad and "trigger" quality. I sometimes struggle with inaccurate inputs from both, which is just shocking for a $70 controller. I don't really think the extra features explain any of that, though. None of this stuff they're adding is that expensive, and these companies already make insane profits off of peripherals.

Then again, I've never had any sort of issues with the Xbox One controller, and that's about as basic as they come.