By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results May 7th 2020 - Switch: 55.77m, (21m for the FY) Animal Crossing: 11.77m

Ljink96 said:
Once again showing how Nintendo's 1st party is second to none. Super Mario Party baffles me still. 10 million, the best selling game in the franchise...with the least amount of content. Pokemon SS will definitely surpass DPP, and seeing that the DS had a install base of over 154 Million vs Switch's 55 Million, this makes that figure even more astonishing.

And finally Zelda beating out a 3D Mario...this is to my knowledge unprecedented. Nintendo's in the best shape they've been in a good while. Can't wait to see what's next.

The game does have the least amount of content. But people wanted to remove the cars from the previous MP home console games. They did it and I bet its the main reason people bought it. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Ljink96 said:
Once again showing how Nintendo's 1st party is second to none. Super Mario Party baffles me still. 10 million, the best selling game in the franchise...with the least amount of content. Pokemon SS will definitely surpass DPP, and seeing that the DS had a install base of over 154 Million vs Switch's 55 Million, this makes that figure even more astonishing.

And finally Zelda beating out a 3D Mario...this is to my knowledge unprecedented. Nintendo's in the best shape they've been in a good while. Can't wait to see what's next.

The game does have the least amount of content. But people wanted to remove the cars from the previous MP home console games. They did it and I bet its the main reason people bought it. 

Yes.  Fuck the cars. I'll take 4 boards with no cars over 12 boards with cars.

Oh wow I can't believe a 3D Zelda is bound to outsell a 3D Mario (and the best-selling one).

Animal Crossing utterly killing it. Switch numbers are amazing.

Nice to see Astral Chain surpassed 1 million and Fire Emblem is so close to 3 million. Luigi's Mansion 3 has outsold Dark Moon easily and I think it will reach 10 million.

Jranation said:
Ljink96 said:

Do all the other modes just not count anymore or something? They're actually pretty fun and add a lot to the game, but some people just have a laser focus on the main mode and forget about everything else.

Jranation said:
Ljink96 said:

Yeah sure, I agree. I was in that same boat. By no means am I crapping on the game, it was the best Mario Party in years. The cars were ass.

Around the Network

Link's Awakening started out huge and fell off a cliff, shame cause the game deserved better.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Link's Awakening started out huge and fell off a cliff, shame cause the game deserved better.

It'll eventually hit 5M and I think that's great for Awakening. It's a topdown Zelda in an era that has mostly moved on from these types of games, yet it sold pretty well. It's not Breath of the Wild but 5M is nothing to sneeze at. I do agree I would have liked for more people to get on board with these but I can't imagine Nintendo not being pleased with these sales. 

I do hope that they can eventually get remakes of the Oracles going, though I don't know how likely that is. I'd buy both in a heartbeat. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Not everything needs to sell forever to be successful.  I think it did alright for what it was.

PortisheadBiscuit said:

LA sold what's expected of Zelda games using pre-BOTW approach it goes back to appealing to only certain types of players instead of having wider appeal.

PAOerfulone said:
Hold on just a minute on the 'undertracked' comments. That's what we thought 3 months ago when they released their December figures. Then we got their 'Presentation Matieral' slideshow which revealed that it was actually just slightly overtracked. So, don't go counting your chickens before they hatch just yet.

We underestimated how much Lite stock they had which we proceed to see once the pandemic happened, the lite stock were still there several weeks after the classic model went out.

Thing is, it was really hard to find at the beginning of April and i really don't think there could be a 2+ million hanging somewhere in a facility or in transit since the numbers early april were pretty bad WW.