Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Game From The Year You Were Born?

theRepublic said:
mZuzek said:

Of course, every year has some great games. I know Yoshi's Island is from 1995 too, but it's not really my thing. Outside of those two I can't really think of a notable game from that year.

Chrono Trigger is another big one.  Earthbound if you consider the North America release.  Secret of Evermore. Castlevania: Dracula X.  Mega Man 7 and Mega Man X3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_in_video_games

Chrono Trigger, huh. I should probably play that sometime. Probably the only right answer.

Around the Network

This is the only one I could find for 1968...  multiple games per year didn't really exist until the 70s....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamurabi_(video_game)

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You missed out on some great ones that year.

Of course, every year has some great games. I know Yoshi's Island is from 1995 too, but it's not really my thing. Outside of those two I can't really think of a notable game from that year.

Depends of what kind of gamer you were/are...for my taste Warcraft II, Command & Conquer, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Worms, Heroes of Might&Magic, Rayman as well as steady stream of LucasArts P&C adventures (Full Throttle, The Dig) along with some games in more niche genres (Steel Panthers and Battlegrounds: Buldge) is what I remember from that year.

Hard one, I narrowed it down to:

Zaxxon
Ultima II
Pole Position

The year is 1982

Machina said:

I dunno about best, these things being subjective, but my favourite:

I loved that game!

It's so sad Sega had to go all edgy and dump Alex Kidd in favor of Sonic that sucks in comparison.

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country 2
Yoshi's Island

(1986)
Top picks:
Legend of Zelda
Bubble Bobble - oddly enough still one of my favorite games, at least when it comes to local multiplayer (was even first launched in the same month I was born!)

Runners up:
Dragon Quest
Castlevania
Super Mario 2/Lost Levels

(I'm sure Metroid belongs on this list but in all honestly, I've only played just a bit of it to this day. Want to rectify this at some point)

"We hold these truths t-be self-ful evident. All men and women created by the.. Go-you know the.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Mainly just Atari and arcade games for me so I guess I'll go with Pole Position. Thought the games graphics were amazing back in day. I also like Joust a lot.

A LOT of good games came out in '96... I'd say Pokemon Red takes the cake, though Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario 64 and MK64 are up there.

Pokémon Gold & Silver, got released very shortly before I was born (Japanese release, here in Europe they only got released 2 years later).