By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AMD Q1 2020 Financial Results - Revenue $1.79 billion, Ryzen, Epyc, Radeon Drive Growth!

Captain_Yuri said:
eva01beserk said:
Still waiting for low end ryzen 4000 laptop's. At least apu alone.

I am also waiting for high end Ryzen 4000 laptops. It should a sin to limit such powerful 8 core cpus to a 2060. Give us 2070/2080 Super + Ryzen 4800 laptops!

I wonder if Intel hasn't spend some millions to buy some kind of exclusivity here with the high-end NVidia cards. Let's hope the Radeon 5700M can alleviate the situation a bit (should be ~2070 performance)

I'm actually waiting for the U line of chips to show up. My wife really could need a new laptop (she's still on a 2012 Macbook Air) and a 2-in-1 with a 4600U would be perfect for her.

Moren said:
DonFerrari said:
Good that they consider console gaming important enough to their revenue that we can get very aggressive prices for good HW as well.

Yeah, their Enterprise, Embedded and Semi-Custom segment (where console gaming goes) was actually down year-on-year due in part to lower console shipments, but should pick back up with the launch of the PS5 and XBOX.

That was pretty much the only reason why it's down, the server and embedded businesses had just been growing since then.

It's also the reason why this quarter was down compared to the previous one. And even then, it was only down by 14% QoQ.

Around the Network

Oh how things have changed.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I am also waiting for high end Ryzen 4000 laptops. It should a sin to limit such powerful 8 core cpus to a 2060. Give us 2070/2080 Super + Ryzen 4800 laptops!

I wonder if Intel hasn't spend some millions to buy some kind of exclusivity here with the high-end NVidia cards. Let's hope the Radeon 5700M can alleviate the situation a bit (should be ~2070 performance)

I'm actually waiting for the U line of chips to show up. My wife really could need a new laptop (she's still on a 2012 Macbook Air) and a 2-in-1 with a 4600U would be perfect for her.

AMD has gotten some design wins with Intel... And even scored some semi-custom contracts.
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/261646-intel-launches-radeon-powered-cpus-hp-dell-announce-upcoming-systems

nVidia just simply has the better graphics technology, especially for mobile where power consumption is the main focus... Plus nVidia has better developer and OEM relationships than AMD... And until recently, AMD drivers for notebooks were garbage... As they were locked drivers, so we had to wait on an OEM to make the customization on the driver before distributing them out, often means that notebooks weren't getting the driver updates they needed.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--