By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AMD Q1 2020 Financial Results - Revenue $1.79 billion, Ryzen, Epyc, Radeon Drive Growth!

Captain_Yuri said:
eva01beserk said:
Still waiting for low end ryzen 4000 laptop's. At least apu alone.

I am also waiting for high end Ryzen 4000 laptops. It should a sin to limit such powerful 8 core cpus to a 2060. Give us 2070/2080 Super + Ryzen 4800 laptops!

The 4900HS seems to be made with magic. I'm very sad that I got a laptop recently. >.>

Around the Network
Moren said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I am also waiting for high end Ryzen 4000 laptops. It should a sin to limit such powerful 8 core cpus to a 2060. Give us 2070/2080 Super + Ryzen 4800 laptops!

The 4900HS seems to be made with magic. I'm very sad that I got a laptop recently. >.>

I feel ya. Although the ultimate combo would be Ryzen 4000 + Nvidia 3000 series GPUs. Now that would be a sight to behold!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Moren said:

I feel ya. Although the ultimate combo would be Ryzen 4000 + Nvidia 3000 series GPUs. Now that would be a sight to behold!

I dont remember where I heard it .But I heard the plan is to enable crossfire with the apu. Son the high end should be a high end apu with a mid range card and should compete with a high end nvidia card. Also they say a 15 compute unit apu should be coming end of year. Would be a lot cheaper if true. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Also would be great if they mistakenly gave their projections for nextgen sales or how much they already contracted to ship first year.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Moren said:

Obviously, I wasn't expecting the thread to launch with technical difficulties.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the company's future. Ryzen 4000U/H/HS (Mobile Ryzen) is a very aggressive push to take the Laptop Market by storm, and ASUS's Zephyrus G14 turned out to be a beast thanks to the new CPUs. There's also RDNA 2 coming later this year.

Ryzen Mobile 4000 series looks pretty good on the CPU front... But the GPU, like with the Ryzen 2700u/3700u leaves more to be desired... Partly there isn't much AMD can do about it, they are limited by DDR4 throughput... But AMD could have adopted RDNA for better GPU efficiency.

Still better than the trash Intel is peddling.

eva01beserk said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I dont remember where I heard it .But I heard the plan is to enable crossfire with the apu. Son the high end should be a high end apu with a mid range card and should compete with a high end nvidia card. Also they say a 15 compute unit apu should be coming end of year. Would be a lot cheaper if true. 

Won't happen. It doesn't help that the PC will essential be a couple GPU architectures ahead of these APU's in a few months time. (RDNA1 and RDNA 2).

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Moren said:

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the company's future. Ryzen 4000U/H/HS (Mobile Ryzen) is a very aggressive push to take the Laptop Market by storm, and ASUS's Zephyrus G14 turned out to be a beast thanks to the new CPUs. There's also RDNA 2 coming later this year.

Ryzen Mobile 4000 series looks pretty good on the CPU front... But the GPU, like with the Ryzen 2700u/3700u leaves more to be desired... Partly there isn't much AMD can do about it, they are limited by DDR4 throughput... But AMD could have adopted RDNA for better GPU efficiency.

eva01beserk said:

Won't happen. It doesn't help that the PC will essential be a couple GPU architectures ahead of these APU's in a few months time. (RDNA1 and RDNA 2).

I dint mean it could compete with desktop nvidia card. I meant compete in the mobile space with the high end. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Pemalite said:
Moren said:

Yeah... We're going to have to wait for Cezanne until late 2021 to really get a killer APU.

Gonna be the best year in AMD history. Turns out you can actually just make good products even with evil Nvidia and Intel holding you down with their evil tactics.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Gonna be the best year in AMD history. Turns out you can actually just make good products even with evil Nvidia and Intel holding you down with their evil tactics.

This time nVidia and Intel aren't locking them out of markets and AMD is free to garner some lucrative OEM contracts... Which they have been doing in spades.

They still need more ultrabook design wins though, but they are making inroads.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I have to say that the Ryzen 7 3k series that I have in my work laptop really surprised me. I was expecting pretty low-level performance from it, but damn it manages to get a bang for your buck. They managed to turn around that sinking ship pretty damn fast

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!