By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite Sega console

I think the best is...

Master System 5 10.42%

Megadrive/Genesis 22 45.83%

Saturn 5 10.42%

Dreamcast 16 33.33%

Total:48

Hmmm. We've done this already, and fairly recently too, but I'll play again. Dreamcast. Then Genesis. Then Saturn. Although I like it, I feel there's a fairly large drop-off with the Saturn from the Genesis. I was mostly disappointed with Game Gear, but had some fun with it. I have virtually no affinity for the Master System. I don't get it and never will. Sorry Brazil.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

For me it was Genesis:

Sonic 1 & 2

NHL Hockey 92
E-SWAT
Madden 92
NHL 93
Toe Jam & Earl
Road Rash 1 & 2
Streets of Rage
NHL 94 w/ 4-way play
Flashback
Rolling Thunder 2

Last edited by Nighthawk117 - on 29 April 2020

Close race between Megadrive and Dreamcast so far.
I always feel like the Saturn, for all its faults, is underrated. It had some really cool games like Panzer Dragoon 1/Zwei, Burning Rangers, Nights into Dreams, Radiant Silvergun.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Ljink96 said:
Genesis by a long shot. The Sonic Games, Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Phantasy Star, Ristar, Golden Axe, Land Stalker, Shining Force, among a ton of others I don't have time to mention. Just a lot of quality stuff on the Genesis. I get Dreamcast, it was revolutionary and had freaking Skies of Arcadia, but the library of the Genesis was more robust, varied and fleshed out.

+1

I was going to make almost the exact same comment. 

curl-6 said:
Close race between Megadrive and Dreamcast so far.
I always feel like the Saturn, for all its faults, is underrated. It had some really cool games like Panzer Dragoon 1/Zwei, Burning Rangers, Nights into Dreams, Radiant Silvergun.

I think all of them were very good systems, with Genesis being among the best systems ever.  

Around the Network

Genesis is the one I come back to the most. However, I do play Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, and Power Stone 2 on Dreamcast. For Saturn, it's Mega Man 8, and Astal. I wish I could say others, but they honestly hadn't aged all too well. X-Men Vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Vs. Street Fighter are also good, but I don't own those games on Saturn.

By a long shot, I have the most games on Genesis.

Trash games, like Shaq Fu, and Batman: Forever, to games like Sonic 3 (& Knuckles), Vector Man, Earth Worm Jim, SUPER Street Fighter II, Puyo Puyo 2, and at least 70 other games