By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Initiative's game likely Perfect Dark

Tagged games:

Azzanation said:
kirby007 said:

i like the multiplayer of the old one better, besides the x360 version hasnt aged greatly

Hmm the N64 version aged a lot worse. After all the 360 version is 1080p @60 fps with actual improvements to the faces etc plus the use of the 360 pad. I 100% the N64 version and the under 20fps and 480x222 resolution didnt make it any easier.

hmm maybe your right, i just expect a n64 to look pre HD and the 360 version was very early HD era, might give it a whirl again before the next one launches

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Azzanation said:

Hmm the N64 version aged a lot worse. After all the 360 version is 1080p @60 fps with actual improvements to the faces etc plus the use of the 360 pad. I 100% the N64 version and the under 20fps and 480x222 resolution didnt make it any easier.

hmm maybe your right, i just expect a n64 to look pre HD and the 360 version was very early HD era, might give it a whirl again before the next one launches

I am a huge fan of the N64, one of my favourite consoles ever made however some games just are so much better in HD. Definitely give it a try if you are a fan of the game, they really put effort into the remaster.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 28 April 2020

I hope for a 3rd person action adventure game with a mix of Uncharted/splinter cell inspired gameplay. They could do a lot of cool stuff with it. Apparently The Coalition is working on the multiplayer portion of game.

smroadkill15 said:
I hope for a 3rd person action adventure game with a mix of Uncharted/splinter cell inspired gameplay. They could do a lot of cool stuff with it. Apparently The Coalition is working on the multiplayer portion of game.

I imagined a Sci-fi Tomb Raider game with a Metal Gear Solid style gadgets and stealth.

Although I kinda want a new IP, I’d be fine with PD as long as they don’t turn into a perfect dark only type studio.

Around the Network

I guess I was just to young, but I dont remember this game much. I remember having it on the 64, and golden eye. But I only remember small fragments of both. I do remember loving them and playing with my older brothers. I dint have a 360 so I never played that. If it has a god single player adventure I would definetly play it. As long as they dont shift it to a first person view.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

That would be awesome. I still have fond memories playing the original on 64. I miss good ol' couch co-op.

eva01beserk said:
I guess I was just to young, but I dont remember this game much. I remember having it on the 64, and golden eye. But I only remember small fragments of both. I do remember loving them and playing with my older brothers. I dint have a 360 so I never played that. If it has a god single player adventure I would definetly play it. As long as they dont shift it to a first person view.

PD has a godly single player mode, its one of the best things about the game plus it still holds up today. The A.I, the music, the Stealth is all top tier stuff and you wont find any better from Rare.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 29 April 2020