By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Pre E3 info leaking? (MP3, Brawl, Mario Galaxy, new Zelda?, so on)

While I think it's obvious, for reasons already said, that this is fake I do have to say the rumormonger uses fairly good spelling and grammar. Usually fakers are easy to spot since they're 16 year old American brats which means they read and write at a 3rd grade level. All that means is this particular faker should have better things to do with his time than making up rumors for the less discerning fanboys out there (ahem, I realize I say that as someone who spends time reading and posting on video game forums, but I'd maintain that is at the least not as bad a use of time as rumormongering).

Around the Network

I agree. If it is fake, it is a very good fake.

Well after reading through this thread, I also start doubting those informations. But I still think that the content of the "news" is very probable and that most of these things will come true altough this is probably a fake.

Control sheme with remote and nunchuck for SSBB: very probable. Nintendo knows that it's a danger not to do it because this game is best played with friends, but forcing you to buy four classic controllers could become an issue for the game's sales.

Mario Kart: of course it's coming, and it would be a surprise if it wouldnt be announced for 09. maybe it gets delayed later, but a release date two years after a consoles launch is not early.

A darker zelda: nintendo knows that this is what the gamers want. wind waker flopped, twilight princess became the darkest game of the series. why shouldn't they cary on into that direction?

As I said earlier, the only thing that is a real surprise is Vision Red. However, becaue there is no other journalist that has reacted, it's probably a fake.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Well, some of them look suspicious for me too. Like Link appereance seems too similar like pre E3 2004. Nintendo seems unlikely do the same thing twice.

As soon as someone gets hard fact/pics or whatever we need to post em ASAP.When is E3 anyways i heard they changed the date.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
MP3: Come on people! Downloadable content isn't even possible on the Wii with it's storage space. We know that this isn't going to happen, unless Nintendo makes a hard drive at some point (very unlikely).

I don't want to restart the whole "its real... no its fake!" argument - we'll find out when some more solid information comes out. But I do want to address this point:

Downloadable content is VERY much possible on the Wii. Here is why:

1/ Nintendo are the masters of squeezing a lot of content into a small amount of space. Look at N64 (or previous) titles. They may decide to dump a couple of extra GIG of potential textures onto the Wii disc - for future use (very doable).

A downloadable weapon could be as simple as a small code fragment - damage information, rendering data, physics info. Tiny. Even an extra model with some animations wouldn't come to more than a MB or so.

A new map could also be quite small. Remember that downloadable content is all compressed - and if the extra textures are on the Wii disc, an extra level would clock in at under 5-10MB (compressed) - depending on its size. Also easily done.

2/ There are numerous games coming out soon that will require extensive use of the Wii downloadable memory. Rockband, Guitar Hero, Disney Musical (etc..). The Wii DOES have the SD slot for a reason - and I suspect one of the future BIOS updates will improve support for it (maybe games can use it directly).

Once this is done, there is no real limit to Wii downloadables (although games/demos over 100MB will still probably be out of the question). 

3/ Non-VC downloadable titles are also coming soon. This will place further pressure on Nintendo to "fix" their limited storage solution.

Note: for the majority of Wii owners - i.e. casual gamers just playing Wii Sports - 512MB will probably be enough for ever. It may only be 20%-30% of the Wii market that requires a more significant memory solution. A USB hard-drive may also not be out of the question (maybe with some data encryption, to make it unaccessible by non-Wii devices).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Like, just think, an entire race of Spore creations is only a few kilobytes!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )