By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Pre E3 info leaking? (MP3, Brawl, Mario Galaxy, new Zelda?, so on)

a.l.e.x59 said:
Yeah. Apparently it's going to be called "The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass."
Are you being sarcastic? Phantom Hourglass is an up comming Zelda game for the DS and in the style of Wind Waker and videos of it have been around for months.

Around the Network

Jeez guys.... :P

1/ Zelda is "confirmed" for a '09 release. I don't think showing a short "its coming" movie is that surprising. I can see a proper trailer coming next year, and a playable version of the game at E3 '09.

2/ I couldn't care less about an "online" Metroid. Its not meant to be a FPS (competitve) - its meant to be an immersive single-player experience. I think downloadable content (remember you "fly" to planets in this one), makes a lot of sense, and would be great. They just send a new planet/level content, and update a galaxy map with a new location available.

3/ The embargo covered the content on day#1 (the speech). This seems to all be information from later in the media conference. It may be whoever got all this, was privvy to information that others were not. Hell, they might be lying about HOW they got the information to help cover their tracks.

4/ There isn't anything outragous or crazy enough to make this "really" newsworthy (i.e. FFXIII coming to Wii exclusively or something)... so WHY would someone bother making all this up? It just doesn't seem like something that someone would bother spending time on to me (for no benefit to themselves... i.e. its not exactly setting the Internet alight with its content).

5/ Of course ths source/links are cyclic - like the original poster said, they have taken measures to cover their tracks. Hey, it could even be a new form of "viral" marketing directly from Nintendo ;)

The ONLY reason I suspect that this may be fake - is that its a little early to have ANY content for E3 ready. Its still 2 months away.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was someone "internal" at Nintendo, mixing facts with lies to cover their tracks, and releasing some juicy info to the community. Either way Nintendo will deny it (or better yet, just not comment).

Either way - rumours don't really do it for me. I'll wait until I see some videos - or better yet, PLAY THE GAME(S) - then I'll be happy.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Well I bloody hope this is fake: Porject H.A.M.M.E.R not untill second quater 2008? That would mean that we in EU gets it like late 2008! Other than that Nintendo is pretty known for not showing anything at all before they wants it. I mean if they are about to show something on E3 you want see it before than.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I totally agree with you shams. The stuff is really interesting, but it's exactly the stuff you had to expect from Nintendo. So if somebody wanted to have some fun, he should have stated something unexpected like the next zelda will be a MMORPG or something like that. The only thing I didn't expect was Vision Red, but also this is very logical, why shouldn't Nintendo try to get a RPG franchise for themselves?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

WHAAAAAAAT?!! Mario Galaxy 12 October? Is that worldwide? New Zelda?!! *going crazy*, oh boy let that be true! .... after a moment of calming down... better wait and see what's all true then. Wondering when FFCC Bearers will release. That game looks awsome! And bring on those RPG games to the WII, can't wait.

Speaking of RPG games has anybody heard any news after the first rumors about any Tales of games for the WII by any chance? Can't stand it we don't hear a thing about that anymore :(

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Around the Network

hehe it looks pretty obviously all fake. Not to say that Nintendo wouldn't be willing to do maybe ONE of these things as a twist, but come on: This entire thing is clearly aimed to give Nintendo fanboys everything they want (me included). Let's break it down, and tell me this looks real: MP3: Come on people! Downloadable content isn't even possible on the Wii with it's storage space. We know that this isn't going to happen, unless Nintendo makes a hard drive at some point (very unlikely). Also, the graphics are suddenly amazing? They looked pretty sub-par 2 forums posts away. Don't be suckers. SSBB: Confirmed WiFi, sudden capabilities to use the Wiimote (the games biggest criticism is lack of Wiimote functionality)? This is probably the most reasonable of them but still, the lack of any true information (pay attention to how vague everything is on these posts) really shows it for what it is. SMG: Again, giving the fanboys exactly what they want! What people fear about SMG is that they are going to be constantly hopping from small planet to small planet and find a lack of real substance. Who knows if there will be substance or not, certainly not this guy. And what we have seen so far makes it pretty clear that those small planets aren't the "castle area"... there were boss fights there. Think people THINK. PH, and D:DoC: I combined these 2 because his vague language and half-assed descriptions (especially of PH) show that he hasn't seen anything at all on these games. Again, just food for the fanboys. Nintendo wouldn't pick these 2 games to show, they aren't focusing on hardcore right now. The rest: Mario Kart, hehe, of course a Mario Kart is coming but not this early in the Wii's life. Vision Red, oh COME ON. Give me a break. That's probably the most obvious BS of all. Giving Nintendo their own Final Fantasy VII!? You can't tell me that's not just too perfect a target to be true. A new darker Zelda... hehe that's the one that gives it away. Zelda is a kid's game. It's not going to suddenly become dark and serious with Link evil. No matter how much us hardcore gamers want it to be. Okay, now read through my post, if you still think this is true: read it again. I would love some of this to be true, but I'm a realist as well as a Wii owner. This is just a very cruel joke on Nintendo gamers.

some of this is true, metroid is slated for that release date http://wii.ign.com/articles/790/790231p1.html but I hope the release dates are fake, i want them to come out earlier!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

"but I hope the release dates are fake, i want them to come out earlier!" Ha ha don't we all, but I hope Mario Galaxy around October / November as planned, nice with Autumn playing such a game... love it ;)

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

WiiGirl, I think the dates are written in american order, which means the 12/10/2007 is in fact the 10th of december and not the 12th of october...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

naznatips said:
hehe it looks pretty obviously all fake. Not to say that Nintendo wouldn't be willing to do maybe ONE of these things as a twist, but come on: This entire thing is clearly aimed to give Nintendo fanboys everything they want (me included). Let's break it down, and tell me this looks real: MP3: Come on people! Downloadable content isn't even possible on the Wii with it's storage space. We know that this isn't going to happen, unless Nintendo makes a hard drive at some point (very unlikely). Also, the graphics are suddenly amazing? They looked pretty sub-par 2 forums posts away. Don't be suckers. SSBB: Confirmed WiFi, sudden capabilities to use the Wiimote (the games biggest criticism is lack of Wiimote functionality)? This is probably the most reasonable of them but still, the lack of any true information (pay attention to how vague everything is on these posts) really shows it for what it is. SMG: Again, giving the fanboys exactly what they want! What people fear about SMG is that they are going to be constantly hopping from small planet to small planet and find a lack of real substance. Who knows if there will be substance or not, certainly not this guy. And what we have seen so far makes it pretty clear that those small planets aren't the "castle area"... there were boss fights there. Think people THINK. PH, and D:DoC: I combined these 2 because his vague language and half-assed descriptions (especially of PH) show that he hasn't seen anything at all on these games. Again, just food for the fanboys. Nintendo wouldn't pick these 2 games to show, they aren't focusing on hardcore right now. The rest: Mario Kart, hehe, of course a Mario Kart is coming but not this early in the Wii's life. Vision Red, oh COME ON. Give me a break. That's probably the most obvious BS of all. Giving Nintendo their own Final Fantasy VII!? You can't tell me that's not just too perfect a target to be true. A new darker Zelda... hehe that's the one that gives it away. Zelda is a kid's game. It's not going to suddenly become dark and serious with Link evil. No matter how much us hardcore gamers want it to be. Okay, now read through my post, if you still think this is true: read it again. I would love some of this to be true, but I'm a realist as well as a Wii owner. This is just a very cruel joke on Nintendo gamers.

Thanks.  It's obviously faked.  Why?  Who knows, who cares (oh, I guess you guys).