By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Pre E3 info leaking? (MP3, Brawl, Mario Galaxy, new Zelda?, so on)

well the embargo has passed and what was released at the media summit was completely different to this. so quite clearly, false

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

Well I hope it's fake, I want Metroid to have an online mode!

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Sounds too realistic/possible to me, to be false. I'm working on the assumption that its 100% true - and pretty much in line with what I would expect Nintendo to be working on.

Most happy about the Metroid news - this is exactly the sort of change I have been hoping for, and finally shows off the "point" of the WiiConnect service.

Can't wait until E3 now... :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

nintendo_fanboy said:

why is it already proven false?

I mean, it's not that surprising anyway. almost everything could have been expected.

the best lies are wrapped in a small amount of truth

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

shams said:

Sounds too realistic/possible to me, to be false. I'm working on the assumption that its 100% true - and pretty much in line with what I would expect Nintendo to be working on.

Most happy about the Metroid news - this is exactly the sort of change I have been hoping for, and finally shows off the "point" of the WiiConnect service.

Can't wait until E3 now... :)

dude, the embargo is finished, and none of those games were shown or talked about at the media summit.

Therefore, this is fake. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

There are only 2 times I can recall reading a forum  post that claimed to have secret information about Nintendo that turned out to be true and in both cases the claims seemed so insane that they were immediately disregarded by most people:

The first one was someone who claimed to be the son of a person who was high-up at NOA; his claim was that The Legend of Zelda on the Gamecube was cell shaded, had a similar look to a link to the past, and sailing was the main form of transportation.

The other one was someone who claimed that Nintendo had created a motion sensitive one handed remote which also acted like a pointer on the screen.

In both cases it is possible that these people actually had insider information (after all there are thousands of people who would have know about these things ahead of time) but you also have to consider that a broken clock is correct twice every day.

It's fake because it's a circular quote chain, there's no real source, whoever posted this is just messing with everyone. All they showed behind closed doors was Metriod Prime, and that was for print media only. The media summitt was only for the summer releases to get them some exposure because E3 would come too late for them for the most part.

I hope it's not fake... That was like a dreamy set of information. A new Zelda, Online Play for most of the major titles, even more First party content. But then again, if it was real we might get screwed over because Nintendo might have to change a bunch of things and delay the games. Either way I wish that guy hadn't posted that at all.

Vengi said:
Well I hope it's fake, I want Metroid to have an online mode!

Well that would really be reaching for the stars.  Haha but what about WiiConnect24 and added online multiplayer through downloadable content.  Hell I think a magazine talked about that a long time ago. 

As for my take on this a lot of stuff sound very very legit. Things talking about MP3, Disaster, Project Hammer, and the N projects unnannounced. All could sound very legit. Everything pretty much sounds like it could happen except the whole Zelda screening. I just don't understand why you'd show that behind doors to a media print session. I mean what could they get out of that. But I mean it's the most legit sounding rumor I've ever heard. And I've heard millions for the Wii/Revo. But 95% of rumors are fake so this doesn't have a good chance. Just guess we'll have to wait for E3.