By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did Sony accidentally leaked the Last of Us 2 release date for June 26, after Ghost of Tsushima release date re - announced on Twitter ???

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/playstation-canada-lists-new-ghost-of-tsushima-release-date-as-august-1/

" Ghost of Tsushima delay may have been leaked by PlayStation Canada, whose website now suggests Sucker Punch's upcoming PS4 game is releasing on August 1, rather than its current launch date of June 26.

To make matters more complex, the game's product page on the PlayStation Canada website has the original June 26 release at the top of the page but also lists the August 1 date at the bottom of the page. Either someone at PlayStation Canada has got their wires crossed, or Sony is about to announce a delay to Ghost of Tsushima, which would push the game's launch window back by just over a month. 

It's possible that a rescheduling such as this is to accommodate a new timeframe for The Last of Us 2, which recently had to withdraw from its original May 29 release date due to ongoing concerns around the continued spread of coronavirus across the globe. "

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 16 April 2020

Around the Network

As long as they both release before the holidays that’s fine with me.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'm confused. Someone tell me what the OP is saying.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm confused. Someone tell me what the OP is saying.

Sony probably accidentally leaked The last of US 2 release date from their Tweet on  Ghost of Tsushima release date 

I don't get it either. Sony tweeted about being excited for the release date of ghost of tsushima on june 26th. What does that have to do with TLoU Part 2?

Around the Network
Hiku said:

@HollyGamer I think it would be good if you added some context to your TLOU2 claim in the OP. 
I don't even remember what Sony said about TLOU2 exactly.

I have updated the OP and add some context  

Jin slipped past the launch gate right behind Ellie?

Covid, the Fireflies, and Mongols, to be met with a staggered attack I see. The battle for Middle Earth and hard launches begins. All our hopes now lie with a vaccine and two blockbusters, somewhere in the ether.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 16 April 2020

Inb4 delayed again

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

While I have been anticipating a potential delay for Ghost of Tsushima, it's still a bit disappointing if it ends up happening.

Don't think they are really related, but well if they take longer to launch I'll play what I have.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."