By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-Order Chart

Splatoon and Pokemon are fighting.

Also wondering what is going to show up in the next 2-4 days as 8 entries leave the charts. The upper portion of the charts are going to be very red.

Around the Network

The PS5 version of EDF6 is currently the #10 on the Amazon JP video game best sellers and yet somehow it hasn't even made the table for COMG. That seems really strange to me.

Kakadu18 said:

For Splatoon 2 Comg had opened up preorders before any other retailer. That's why it got so many preorders. This is also why it's better to compare Splatoon 3's preorders to other games that opened above 1mil.
Splatoon 3 is obviously going to sell double of what Splatoon 2 sold week one physically. Even if Splatoon 2 ends up with more preorders on Comg.

Comparing series to their own predecessors always made the most sense to me. We had many comparisons earlier doing just that.

COMG often has a bias for certain games, so crossing series with others will often make things quite confusing.

For example, theDX is comparing AC NH, Pokemon LA and Splatoon 3.

Does Splatoon 3 have a chance at ever beating Animal Crossing in sales? I would say a big no. This is despite Splatoon 3 having more points than AC, due to COMG'S anti bias of AC.

PLA is a little bit more interesting because it too is a 2022 game and a newish kind of game, thus being slightly different to the typical Pokemon openings.

Farsala said:
Kakadu18 said:

For Splatoon 2 Comg had opened up preorders before any other retailer. That's why it got so many preorders. This is also why it's better to compare Splatoon 3's preorders to other games that opened above 1mil.
Splatoon 3 is obviously going to sell double of what Splatoon 2 sold week one physically. Even if Splatoon 2 ends up with more preorders on Comg.

Comparing series to their own predecessors always made the most sense to me. We had many comparisons earlier doing just that.

COMG often has a bias for certain games, so crossing series with others will often make things quite confusing.

Does Splatoon 3 have a chance at ever beating Animal Crossing in sales? I would say a big no. This is despite Splatoon 3 having more points than AC, due to COMG'S anti bias of AC.

PLA is a little bit more interesting because it too is a 2022 game and a newish kind of game, thus being slightly different to the typical Pokemon openings.

Regardless of how Splatoon 3 performs ln Comg with preorders, it was always going to have an opening of over 1mil physical in Japan. The comparison to Splatoon 2's preorders without comparing to any other games with 1mil+ openings could have lead to quite low expectations. On August 7th in this thread Alex_the_Hedgehog for example compared Splatoon 2 and 3 and then concluded that "it's not impossible" for Splatoon 3 to debut higher than 2, despite it being quite obvious. The sequel to a 5mil+ seller is not going to debut below 1mil physical.

Only idiots would be thinking Splatoon 3 is going to sell lower than Splatoon 2 in the opening week based on Comg pre-order numbers lol.

Splatoon 3 is going to sell around 900k-1M units physical copies during its launch week.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Farsala said:

Regardless of how Splatoon 3 performs ln Comg with preorders, it was always going to have an opening of over 1mil physical in Japan. The comparison to Splatoon 2's preorders without comparing to any other games with 1mil+ openings could have lead to quite low expectations. On August 7th in this thread Alex_the_Hedgehog for example compared Splatoon 2 and 3 and then concluded that "it's not impossible" for Splatoon 3 to debut higher than 2, despite it being quite obvious. The sequel to a 5mil+ seller is not going to debut below 1mil physical.

Right but to me it gives us a better idea of the hype for the game, for example if it actually beats it in COMG points, than we know for sure that it is super hyped and could sell 1.5-2m.

While SR leaving did cause VE PS4 to show up, considering the fact that days ago there were multiple titles tied at 5 and VE PS4 didn't show up under VE PS5 then that means VE PS4 just increased recently. Now let's see if the new info will give a boost in the coming days.

7 slots now get freed up so we'll be seeing some new titles. It'll be interesting to check the weekly numbers on Sunday. Right now per COMG it looks like SD Gundam Battle Alliance > Soul Hackers 2 > EDF6 in terms of pre-orders. But on Amazon it's EDF6 > SD Gundam Battle Alliance > Soul Hackers 2 so curious to see how it all shakes out.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 24 August 2022

The names of these Yu-Gi-Oh games are getting out of hand.

Earth Defense Force 6 is at second place on Amazon JP for quite a bit of time. Only behind Splatoon 3.

Maybe it will have a good opening.