By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Review Thread - Current 88 Metacritic / 89 Opencritic

DonFerrari said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I feel like KH is a fucking terrible story apart from the very first game, so I'm scared.

Well I can agree KH storyline is problematic, even more because he decided to keep adding and no real timeline plus multiple gens and platforms.

This is the only way Nomura knows how to write storylines. Dude is ridiculous, he had to be pulled from FFXV because he was a wreck. 

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
Vodacixi said:
To be fair... this is not just new stuff. This is very close to a reboot. It reminds me to Terminator Genisys. And... that is a very scary perspective if you are a fan of the original franchise.

Scary indeed. They pretty much made the original plot which most of us from 1997 held sacred...irrelevant by substituting it with something much worse, play KH2 and you will know what I mean.

Pretty much... although in KH II defense I will say... DDD and BbS took the franchise into an even darker place. KH II at the very least played with some of the cards set on KH I and CoM and offer closure to them. DDD and BbS literally fliped the table over xD

SammyGiireal said:
DonFerrari said:

Well I can agree KH storyline is problematic, even more because he decided to keep adding and no real timeline plus multiple gens and platforms.

This is the only way Nomura knows how to write storylines. Dude is ridiculous, he had to be pulled from FFXV because he was a wreck. 

I still need to play all the games inbetween KH2 and KH3,replayed the first two some time ago but damn the story is already becoming convoluted in the second game.

DonFerrari said:
thismeintiel said:

This is NOT a remake.  This is a sequel (a lazy one) being advertised as a remake so more buy it.  A remake is what SE promised people.  A remake is what SE has been advertising this whole time.  New game mechanics.  New graphics and camera.  The story is to remain mainly the same, with a few additions to flesh it out. Again, this is what SE has been advertising it as for YEARS, now.  They lied to sell some crappy story about

Spoiler!
time travel and/or alternate dimensions.

How could it be a sequel? Have Tifa and Sephiroth been ressucitated?

Were you out of all the FF7R threads? It was plenty discussed that the game would be several parts and would get new stuff.

I think you mean Aerith, but who knows, Tifa may be the one to die in this one.  Like I said, this is not a remake.  It's not following the same story.

Immersiveunreality said:
thismeintiel said:

This is NOT a remake.  This is a sequel (a lazy one) being advertised as a remake so more buy it.  A remake is what SE promised people.  A remake is what SE has been advertising this whole time.  New game mechanics.  New graphics and camera.  The story is to remain mainly the same, with a few additions to flesh it out. Again, this is what SE has been advertising it as for YEARS, now.  They lied to sell some crappy story about

Spoiler!
time travel and/or alternate dimensions.

It's not what you want from a remake but it remains a remake.

What i saw and heard from the reviews is what i expected from the information we got over the years by square enix.

I guess in your eyes Terminator: Genisys was a remake, just because it retreads some familiar scenes from the first film.  As someone said above, this is closer to a reboot like Genisys than a remake, like, say, the latest Little Women.  Anyone who is thinking that the main plot points will remain the same from the OG FF7 needs to look into spoilers before they plop down $70, like I was going to for the Deluxe Edition.

thismeintiel said:
DonFerrari said:

Were you out of all the FF7R threads? It was plenty discussed that the game would be several parts and would get new stuff.

I think you mean Aerith, but who knows, Tifa may be the one to die in this one.  Like I said, this is not a remake.  It's not following the same story.

Immersiveunreality said:

What i saw and heard from the reviews is what i expected from the information we got over the years by square enix.

I guess in your eyes Terminator: Genisys was a remake, just because it retreads some familiar scenes from the first film.  As someone said above, this is closer to a reboot like Genisys than a remake, like, say, the latest Little Women.  Anyone who is thinking that the main plot points will remain the same from the OG FF7 needs to look into spoilers before they plop down $70, like I was going to for the Deluxe Edition.

You said sequel.

A remake can and usually is a retelling, things are different, if not it would be a remaster.

You may not like this game or the whole story/game, but that doesn`t change it to not being a remake.

Wait for the whole thing to be concluded if you wish and then after full evaluation of what happens you can make your decision if it is good or bad.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
thismeintiel said:

You said sequel.

A remake can and usually is a retelling, things are different, if not it would be a remaster.

You may not like this game or the whole story/game, but that doesn`t change it to not being a remake.

Wait for the whole thing to be concluded if you wish and then after full evaluation of what happens you can make your decision if it is good or bad.

And Terminator: Geniys is also a sequel.  This game is the same thing.  It is not a remake of FF7. 

Spoiler!
It is about going back in time to change the story of FF7.  With Ghost of Fate not succeeding in getting the story back to how it was originally supposed to play out.  I mean you fight Sephiroth as the One-Winged Angel at the end of this game for Christ's sake.

thismeintiel said:
DonFerrari said:

You said sequel.

And Terminator: Geniys is also a sequel.  This game is the same thing.  It is not a remake of FF7. 

Spoiler!
It is about going back in time to change the story of FF7.  With Ghost of Fate not succeeding in getting the story back to how it was originally supposed to play out.  I mean you fight Sephiroth as the One-Winged Angel at the end of this game for Christ's sake.

This game isn`t a sequel and I won`t read spoilers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

thismeintiel said:
DonFerrari said:

Immersiveunreality said:

First bolded:No not at all.

Second:Most of the main plot points are still intact while it is also a retreading of the same scenes + extras.

DonFerrari said:
thismeintiel said:

Spoiler!

This game isn`t a sequel and I won`t read spoilers.

Well, you're in for the shock of your life if you think this "remake" is going to take you down the same overall path as the OG game.  There's a reason people are talking about KH's BS being put into the game.  And because of that BS, it is more like a sequel that's trying to reboot the story of the OG game, a la Genisys.

Immersiveunreality said:
thismeintiel said:

First bolded:No not at all.

Second:Most of the main plot points are still intact while it is also a retreading of the same scenes + extras.

Then this game isn't a remake, either.

And sure, the main plot points stay the same.  Well, until they don't and the whole thing takes a nosedive off the OG FF7 rails and changes EVERYTHING in a big way.  In a very bad way.

That's about what i expected. a score of 87 or 88. But let's see if it drops or not.