By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What single player games do you enjoy replaying?

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
DonFerrari said:

Unless you are masochist then you think these games are good. Even if you can't say it yourself.

I was including them as games I go back to, but don't actually finish. As in, I play a few hours, remember why I don't like them very much, and move on. If we're talking about how many times I've actually replayed the games all the way through, the number would only be once, and there was a 8+ year gap in between that, so. 

But honestly masochism is one of many traits that could accurately describe me.

Would make more sense to keep from where you stopped instead of playing few hours the same section 10 times =p

This way you would have finished the game 3 times =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

That wasn't even a rumor, Nintendo themselves officially confirmed they started again in January 2019, except now its in the hands of Retro who haven't been able to put out a single new game in over 6 years. I wouldn't be surprised if it never sees the light of day.

Ah well nevermind lol. So much gaming news I can't remember it all. What was the last game Retro did? 

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, back in February 2014.

Bristow9091 said:

Counter argument: I've played Flappy Bird at least 30 times (given the nature of the game) and I wouldn't say it's very good : P 

Counter counter argument: Flappy Bird can last a few seconds per playthrough depending how shit you are, whereas the Uncharted games are 8+ hours per game :P If you've played those games twenty times, that's a LOT of time invested, whereas playing Flappy Bird 30 times could literally be anywhere from 30-90 seconds, lol :P 

I never said I played it 20 times lol. Don't know where he got that idea. 

Bristow9091 said:

Counter counter argument: Flappy Bird can last a few seconds per playthrough depending how shit you are, whereas the Uncharted games are 8+ hours per game :P If you've played those games twenty times, that's a LOT of time invested, whereas playing Flappy Bird 30 times could literally be anywhere from 30-90 seconds, lol :P 

I never said I played it 20 times lol. Don't know where he got that idea. 

every 5 months for a game that released almost 10 years ago would give it around 20 times.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on the Wii U, back in February 2014.

Game is that old? Yikes. I wasn't a big fan of it. Something about the 2.5D art style. Id Iove a new Donkey Kong Country in the style if the originals. Same with Super Mario World. What Sega did with Sonic Mania was a great move. 

Is 2.5d really that different than DKC?  It always had that cgi faux 3d quality to it.

Around the Network

It used to be pokemon, until the day I've played Pokemon Sword and realize that even I eventually became bored of pokemon

Not many if I'm being honest. Some 90s platformers like Mario, DKC, Sonic I suppose. Borderlands 2 certainly.. Some sandbox-heavy stuff like Minecraft, Terraria. I can always go back to Roller Coaster Tycoon though I haven't much lately. Original Starcraft.. Umm, the occasional Bethesda game like Skyrim or Fallout maybe? Replayed Gears 1 via Ultimate if that counts..

But usually when I'm replaying games it's either local or online multiplayer. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I've replayed quite a few games in just the past 2-3 years.  Off the top of my head:

Adventure (Atari 2600)
The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Zelda 2 (NES)
Mike Tyson's Punch Out (NES)
Castevania (NES)
Metroid (NES)
Final Fantasy (NES)
Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Sonic the Hedgehog (Genesis)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis)
Golden Axe (Genesis) - I play this a ton
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
Konami Arcade Classics (PS1) - Mostly Circus Charlie
Katamari Damacy (PS2) - This is the other game I play a ton
I "heart" Katamari (PS2)
D&D Tower of Doom (PS3 port of arcade game)
Astro Boy: The Omega Factor (GBA)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm (3DS) - Used to play a lot, but out of the habit

These are games I like to play at nearby arcades:
Golden Axe
Anteater

Also I have a 60-in-1 board I wired up at home.  These are old arcade games I play a lot on that:
Pac-Man
Galaga
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Dig Dug
Mr Do
Centipede

Lastly, I am currently replaying Dark Souls on the Switch and Final Fantasy X on the PS2, and I'm really enjoying both.  I actually do replay a lot of my favorite games from the past quite a bit.  I'm always looking for new games and new experiences that broaden my horizon, but not very many high quality games like this come out every year.  If I really want to enjoy myself, I have a lot of old games that I can always go back and revisit.

AoE II
C&C Red Alert 3
C&C 3: Kane's Wrath
Fallout 4
Skyrim
Witcher 3
Starbound
Sheltered
Stardew Valley
Of Mice & Sand
Dying Light
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Party Hard 1+2
Bayonetta
Moonlighter

That's a list of some games off the top of my head that I play here and there over the past few years. The ones that keep me captivated for more than a few hours that is.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I don't think I have ever replayed any single player game, as in reaching end credits. There are several games that I have attempted multiple times but always quit before I reached the end. I guess in the end It really is all about the journey.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.