By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All BioShock and the first three Borderlands games will be available separately on the eShop

Article

2K made a few new announcements for Switch last week during the new Nintendo Direct Mini. New collections for BioShock, Borderlands, and XCOM 2 are all reaching the system in just a couple of months. It’s the first time that these titles will be appearing on a Nintendo console.

As you may know, 2K will be selling each collection both physically and digitally. But let’s say you’re only interested in BioShock 2. Or maybe you only care about the original Borderlands. If that’s the case, you’ll be happy to hear that all titles in the BioShock and Borderlands collections will be sold individually on the eShop, allowing you to pick and choose the titles you wish to purchase digitally. On top of that, you can also choose to buy BioShock: The Collection and Borderlands Legendary Collection as single packages. In other words, you can either buy any of the games individually or the full collections – whichever you prefer.

BioShock: The Collection and Borderlands Legendary Collection, along with XCOM 2 Collection, are slated for March 29.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I highly highly recommend everybody play Bioshock 1. It is a highlight of my 2019 "Year of the Western games" . I can easily consider it better than Metroid Prime( they're cut from the same cloth is why I made that comparison.)

Xxain said:
I highly highly recommend everybody play Bioshock 1. It is a highlight of my 2019 "Year of the Western games" . I can easily consider it better than Metroid Prime( they're cut from the same cloth is why I made that comparison.)

Aside from somewhat similar storytelling mechanics what is similar about these games?

Bandorr said:
I'd modify the title. I don't think they are talking about borderlands 3.

adjusted

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Retail copies with download required... What's the point of a physical copy, then?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Retail copies with download required... What's the point of a physical copy, then?

I wonder that as well... And I keep thinking... I know everyone has probably heard the argument, but...If the Witcher 3 is fully on a cart... Why can't other third parties do better?

1doesnotsimply

Shadow1980 said:
The original BioShock was a masterpiece. It's a tossup between it and Super Mario Galaxy for favorite game of last generation.

I haven't played BioShock 2, and I was disappointed by BioShock Infinite, but the original is something I can highly recommend. If you haven't played it yet, give it a try.

Two great games.  But while the story of BioShock still holds up wonderfully, the gameplay feels somewhat dated, so I'd give the edge to Galaxy.

Btw, any reason you prefer Galaxy 1 to 2?

That is good new, options are a good thing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm glad to see any games make it to any new system. But, as a Switch owner, I'm tired of getting big games from generations ago. I want the new stuff.

VAMatt said:
I'm glad to see any games make it to any new system. But, as a Switch owner, I'm tired of getting big games from generations ago. I want the new stuff.

For people that only have Nintendo gaming systems this is a new game. And good ones.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."