By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All BioShock and the first three Borderlands games will be available separately on the eShop

Bioshock 1 was a masterpiece.
And personally... I consider Bioshock 2 as more of an expansion pack to that game, you need to pickup both.

I already own these games on multiple other platforms with better visuals and performance, so won't be picking these up on Switch... But if the Switch is your primary/only console, then it's certainly worth the purchase.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
JWeinCom said:

Two great games.  But while the story of BioShock still holds up wonderfully, the gameplay feels somewhat dated, so I'd give the edge to Galaxy.

Btw, any reason you prefer Galaxy 1 to 2?

TBH, I never got around to playing Galaxy 2. I didn't have a ton of spending money at the time, what I had I was prioritizing on other things at the time (trips to the movie theater and a few DVDs/Blu-rays), and the only new games I bought that year were Mega Man 10 (an inexpensive digital-only release, and the last digital-only title I ever paid money for) and Halo: Reach.

I really need to get a copy and play it.

You should be ashamed of yourself.  Hopefully the rumors of a remake are true and you can rectify your terrible mistake.

VAMatt said:
I'm glad to see any games make it to any new system. But, as a Switch owner, I'm tired of getting big games from generations ago. I want the new stuff.

PREACH!

Xxain said:
I highly highly recommend everybody play Bioshock 1. It is a highlight of my 2019 "Year of the Western games" . I can easily consider it better than Metroid Prime( they're cut from the same cloth is why I made that comparison.)

Oh man. Have to respectfully disagree on both points. theyre in in a 1st person view and are both are on the isolated creepy side but I think the similarities end there. U can explore in both but id say ones quite a bit deeper on that poimt than the other. 1s a first person shooter with a focus on action and upgrades and the others almost more of  a 1st person platformer with a focus on puzzle solving. 1 gives more interactive story telling (that really fell short for me) and the other barely actively tells a story instead using a technique focused  on research and logs (also the low point of that game for me). As far as a preference, mp is 1 of my favorite all time games and biosbock failed to meet expectations. I quit half way through. Still logged about 6 or 7 hours so I def gave it a chance. To each their own  guess.