By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Happy April Fools Vg!

VAMatt said:
V-r0cK said:
Remember years ago on VGC/other game sites where the top April Fools joke was FF7 remake happening? loll Now it's finally happening!! xD

Are you sure it's happening?  Could be vaporware.  

Please dont make me doubt this!! xD

Bristow9091 said:
V-r0cK said:

I wish!!!!!  I would love a remake of FFIX!!

I know ;) And yeah likewise, would love if they gave it the same treatment they're giving VII... I'd say X too but honestly I was more than happy with how pretty the remaster looked on PS3 and then PS4 and PC... although I wouldn't say no if they announced it :P 

The remaster for X and X-2 was well done and I'd be ok if they never touch that for awhile but if they do remake it, well i wont complain one bit either :D.  I'd also love a full remake of VIII.  I may be the few that also really enjoyed it but I love the character design and they deserve a much better treatment than the pixel faces lol  And if possible...a Crisis Core port.  That game was just too good to remain stuck on the PSP. Or ill be fine with a full blown remake since they can reuse the same stuff they used in the FF7 remake

vivster said:
V-r0cK said:

I wish!!!!!  I would love a remake of FFIX!!

No you don't. FFIX is perfect as it is. What you really want is a modern FF in pure fantasy, which could actually happen next if the rumors are correct.

You're right FFIX is perfect, although I was disappointed that they removed the 2nd player mode in the remaster versions, but maybe I was one of the few that had someone else to play and enjoy this perfect game with me locally.  But you're right I also do want a modern FF next gen and not just FF7 remake sequels.  There's got to be another team at Square already working on FF16 that they wont say.




Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Remember years ago on VGC/other game sites where the top April Fools joke was FF7 remake happening? loll Now it's finally happening!! xD

FF7R could be the biggest April Joke ever, and only that demo be what is released



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vivster said:
V-r0cK said:

I wish!!!!!  I would love a remake of FFIX!!

No you don't. FFIX is perfect as it is. What you really want is a modern FF in pure fantasy, which could actually happen next if the rumors are correct.

V-r0cK said:
Bristow9091 said:

I know ;) And yeah likewise, would love if they gave it the same treatment they're giving VII... I'd say X too but honestly I was more than happy with how pretty the remaster looked on PS3 and then PS4 and PC... although I wouldn't say no if they announced it :P 

The remaster for X and X-2 was well done and I'd be ok if they never touch that for awhile but if they do remake it, well i wont complain one bit either :D.  I'd also love a full remake of VIII.  I may be the few that also really enjoyed it but I love the character design and they deserve a much better treatment than the pixel faces lol  And if possible...a Crisis Core port.  That game was just too good to remain stuck on the PSP. Or ill be fine with a full blown remake since they can reuse the same stuff they used in the FF7 remake

vivster said:

No you don't. FFIX is perfect as it is. What you really want is a modern FF in pure fantasy, which could actually happen next if the rumors are correct.

You're right FFIX is perfect, although I was disappointed that they removed the 2nd player mode in the remaster versions, but maybe I was one of the few that had someone else to play and enjoy this perfect game with me locally.  But you're right I also do want a modern FF next gen and not just FF7 remake sequels.  There's got to be another team at Square already working on FF16 that they wont say.

Honestly, I really do hope the next mainline game is full fantasy, something along the lines of Final Fantasy IV, VI or IX... the closer to IX the better, lol. Any battle system will do since I enjoy both turn based and action, although I guess I would like to see them make a new game that is actually turn based, maybe use the CTB from Final Fantasy X and expand on it somehow, lol. 

Calling it now, Final Fantasy XVI is gonna' be action based sci-fi fantasy with a trans main character called Thunder. (Cloud = Male, Lightning = Female... y'know)



DonFerrari said:
V-r0cK said:
Remember years ago on VGC/other game sites where the top April Fools joke was FF7 remake happening? loll Now it's finally happening!! xD

FF7R could be the biggest April Joke ever, and only that demo be what is released

That would be the biggest slap to the face ever lol

Bristow9091 said:

Calling it now, Final Fantasy XVI is gonna' be action based sci-fi fantasy with a trans main character called Thunder. (Cloud = Male, Lightning = Female... y'know)Honestly, I really do hope the next mainline game is full fantasy, something along the lines of Final Fantasy IV, VI or IX... the closer to IX the better, lol. Any battle system will do since I enjoy both turn based and action, although I guess I would like to see them make a new game that is actually turn based, maybe use the CTB from Final Fantasy X and expand on it somehow, lol. 

Everytime i think of sci-fi fantasy I keep picturing the FF Spirit Within movie *shrug ...If FFXVI was close to FFIX style that would be amazing! I miss medieval-ish style FF games.