By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One of the best Games in the Gaming-History: Persona 5 Royal, Accolades Trailer

Here is the Accolades Trailer for one of the best Games of all time, Persona 5 Royal. 96 % worldwide.

Enjoy this wonderful, exciting and extensive videogame :) Release: March 31 :)

The Quality and Love to detail is really incredible!

ps. The game has different subtitle languages, not only english : )

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 28 March 2020

Around the Network

Played and loved the original version, but will pass on Royal unless there is a Switch release. I am not begging for one, but for me to sink all that time into a game I already beat, portability would need to be a factor.

Also I think the Royal additions should have been DLC, so there is that...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I liked P5 a lot but it's not even the best Persona game. P4 Golden is. I also liked TMS more than P5 and again I liked P5 a lot. Once you get past the slick presentation. The game has issues. Dungeons with the stealth were kinda jank IMO. Should have taken more notes about how TMS did dungeons as those felt like the proper evolution from 4. length. P5 had bad pacing and went on way way way too long. It should have ended 15-20 hours before it did. I love the style,I love the music. I liked the combat and characters. Story felt somewhat weak tho. P3 and P4 were much better in this regard. I have the CE of P5 vanilla but maybe one day way down the line I might get Royal. Just I have played the base game. I also played many games that fill the need when in a Persona mood.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I wasn't going to pick this up as I already played the original but I've changed my mind. Day one.

mZuzek said:
Leynos said:
I liked P5 a lot but it's not even the best Persona game. P4 Golden is. I also liked TMS more than P5 and again I liked P5 a lot. Once you get past the slick presentation. The game has issues. Dungeons with the stealth were kinda jank IMO. Should have taken more notes about how TMS did dungeons as those felt like the proper evolution from 4. length. P5 had bad pacing and went on way way way too long. It should have ended 15-20 hours before it did. I love the style,I love the music. I liked the combat and characters. Story felt somewhat weak tho. P3 and P4 were much better in this regard. I have the CE of P5 vanilla but maybe one day way down the line I might get Royal. Just I have played the base game. I also played many games that fill the need when in a Persona mood.

And this toxic forum wonders why it's dying.

back at ya

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

I mean. Y'all need to calm down (and admittedly, me too). Look, I played Persona 3, and I liked it. I can understand why it'd be many people's favorite Persona game, or even game in general. I get that. The story is good, the music is good, the atmosphere is mostly well executed. Yeah, the gameplay sucks, but not everyone minds that. For a lot of people, they're looking for a good story, and they don't care that the game drip feeds the story in large chunks between long portions of filler. Because ultimately, the game's story and characters managed to be impactful. The ending was fantastic. So I totally get that.

But you can't say it's a *better* game than Persona 5. It's just not. There's a reason Persona 5 has a reputation among the wider gaming audience as one of the best games ever made, while Persona 3 and 4 are only regarded by JRPG fans as some of the best games of its genre.

counter-argument to the last point is that the wider gaming audience haven't even KNOWN persona was a thing when they came out.

P3 came out in 2006, p4 in 2008. p4's original realese was a decade before p5's. its like trying to compare the original xenoblade chronicles and XC2, a lot more people have praised XC2 simply becasue it was realesed in the modern day. 

the gap is smaller with XC, but then again XC got major spotlights with a smash fighter, a 3ds relese, and a MAJOR LPer fanboy-LPing it.

you could argue P4G's 2012 realese and PQ, but P4G was on a system almost no one bought outside of japan, and PQ is really only targetted towards existing fans.

simply put, there is a HUGE gap between people who played all thre modern persona games and ppl who just played 5.

More popular doesn't necessarily mean best. Sometimes it does but not always. P5 is the most popular but not the best in the series.

Transformers 1986 Film is better than the 2007 film but not as popular. Final Fantasy VI is the best in the series (my fave is IX) but VII is the most popular. Popularity often has to do with timing and how easy it's accessed.

Persona 4 Golden has better characters and a stronger story than P5. I was not a fan of how P5 made its dungeons broken up. TMS dungeons felt themed like Persona but were fixed and each had a unique and fun puzzle element to them. I much preferred that. P5 had great music and style. I also felt the subway was tacked on for those wanting more classic Persona dungeons. I feel the game should have either removed that or made it entirely optional. Going in a P5 dungeon only partway through each time to tell you, nope got to stop here do a bunch of other stuff, really disrupted the pacing. Made it drag longer than it needed to.

I will say it again and again. I really liked Persona 5 but it could have fixed some things. I will ignore any dismissive post with a useless gif or snarky remark.

Last edited by Leynos - on 28 March 2020

mZuzek said:
I don't know, is Persona 5 really that good?

Its more than good, its fantastic ; ) The scope is gigantic, Gameplay/Story/Characters/Soundtracks/Atmosphere are awesome :) In Japan, the Persona 5-story and characters won many Awards, for many players it is the best JRPG ever. No gamer should miss this game.

Thats the PS4-Cover, beautiful < 3 Tomorrow is official release :)

BraLoD said:
mZuzek said:
I don't know, is Persona 5 really that good?

Imagine the best game ever.

Yes, you are thinking about LoD, then think about the second.

It's almost that good.

P5 is by all means a masterpiece.

So true :)

Leynos said:

Persona 4 Golden has better characters and a stronger story than P5.

I love Persona 4 so much, its one of my favorites Games of all time and my number 1 JRPG. But Persona 5 won more awards, had significantly higher sales figures and stronger ratings in the west. Overall, it's a matter of taste(characters/story/gameplay-features ect), because both games have such a strong quality :)

its like Metal Gear Solid 1/3, or Uncharted 4/2 - its really hard to say, which game better is. but objectively both have a impressive quality. In detail, you like that better, which appeals to you personally^^

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 29 March 2020

Yes you just illustrated popular which I addressed. So thanks for nothing.

Leynos said:

Yeah i think i will be in a persona mood again for Persona 6,if it was DLC for Royal and it was an addition after the endgame then i would have bought that yes but i can not bring myself to playing that whole game again.