By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Trump will remain some kinda cultfigure for a good while, he is religiously imprinted in some peoples brains.

Around the Network

Looks like the counter suits are pouring in against Trump. I wonder how that'll turn out. Trump has so many suits against him, I mean one of them should yield success, right?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Trump nuthugging fanboy owns himself, featuring Goldeneye 007 music.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

And whadd'ya know? It turns out the GOP were projecting about election fraud, had run ES&S software during election.

The difference? The Dominion software machines they've been REEEEing about were audited and came back clean and were fairly consistent with the polls, the ES&S ones weren't.

KManX89 said:

And whadd'ya know? It turns out the GOP were projecting about election fraud, had run ES&S software during election.

The difference? The Dominion software machines they've been REEEEing about were audited and came back clean and were fairly consistent with the polls, the ES&S ones weren't.

Ehh, it's always tempting to grab onto conspiracy theories like that, but to suggest that hundreds of thousands of votes were flipped in states around the country and nobody noticed seems a little much...

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
KManX89 said:

Ehh, it's always tempting to grab onto conspiracy theories like that, but to suggest that hundreds of thousands of votes were flipped in states around the country and nobody noticed seems a little much...

Not saying that's what happened, but there's more validity to these claims than "Hugo Chavez came back from the dead and stole the election from their Orange Fuhrer" especially when we know the GOP has a long history of projecting. Hell, there's more to back up the 9/11 Truther's claims than the GOP election deniers'.

Then again, Trump could literally claim aliens flew in and "stole" his votes and these idiots would believe him.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 22 November 2020

The post-election circus continues with Trump's lawyer turning on Brian fucking Kemp of all people:

EDIT: Also, looks like Republicans are starting to eat their own. Maybe there will be a proper schism after all...

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 22 November 2020

sundin13 said:
Machiavellian said:

The reason he will not see any time is because he was president.  Its more an image thing then anything else.  He will get a plea bargain deal if they have enough for a conviction and trust you me it will never reach court if they have a lock.  Dems are already talking about they are looking to let things slide because Biden has won the Presidency.  The US doesn't want to cause any more divide if possible and while Dems and liberals would love to see him serve time, it would only tarnish the image of the US more.  They would be more than happy if he just go away which is what they want more than anything else.

I think the Dems at the federal level are questioning whether investigations should continue due to the taboo of imprisoning your political rivals and to encourage a peaceful transition of power. Basically, the Biden administration doesn't really want to have their hands in this whole mess because thats pretty bad optics. However, I have seen no indication that the administration would attempt to halt any investigations that they are not directly responsible for. This is relevant because Trump's greatest potential legal jeopardy is likely to come out of New York, not out of the Federal government. As such, they will likely continue to push forward assuming they have a chargeable offense. 

I agree with you that on the federal level nothing will happen but the state is something totally different.  The thing is, I doubt there will be prison time.  It will be something along fines and other administrative things to hand down to him and his business but jail, I just do not see it.  It will be interesting to see how things go after he leave office because all his political enemies are lining up.

Oh well, I guess the President needed a fall guy and Sidney Powell is that person. I guess she went a little to overboard with the conspiracy theory or this was all planned and someone needed to take a fall anyway.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sidney-powell-trump-legal-team-disavows-association/

Machiavellian said:
Hiku said:

Individual 1 (Trump) was named a co-conspirator for a crime that his ex-lawyer was sentenced to prison for.
There are over 13 counts of obstruction of justice from Muller's report, etc.
Here's some more from yesterday:
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/new-york-state-is-criminally-targeting-donald-trump-over-payments-to-ivanka-trump/34238/

Trump is in deep legal jeopardy from many angles. And the only thing preventing him from getting prosecuted is his position as President.
What this may be about is that Trump is trying to bide his time in order to cut himself a Nixon-type deal and 'leave office peacefully'.

But the problem for him is that he has nothing to trade, and all bluffs keep getting called.

The reason he will not see any time is because he was president.  Its more an image thing then anything else.  He will get a plea bargain deal if they have enough for a conviction and trust you me it will never reach court if they have a lock.  Dems are already talking about they are looking to let things slide because Biden has won the Presidency.  The US doesn't want to cause any more divide if possible and while Dems and liberals would love to see him serve time, it would only tarnish the image of the US more.  They would be more than happy if he just go away which is what they want more than anything else.

I get that they'll want to avoid the embarrassment of imprisoning their former president. But aside from the fact that I think having Trump as a president has been seen as a massive embarrassment anyway worldwide, if they don't make a very firm statement that it's not ok to sow widespread doubt on a presidential election with no proof, then every president can try to pull this when they lose.
And at this point protests and conspiracy theories may run rampant even if that person doesn't make direct accusations, because the damage has already been done to people's trust in the system, if there are no consequences for Trump.